Valued Contributor

Would love to see in 14kt gold 16in. necklaces.....

Please bring in the necklaces that you had in the old days....a gram weight that is not paper thin.  I usually wear 16 in. and there is nothing in stock but very thin chains.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Would love to see in 14kt gold 16in. necklaces.....

I feel so fortunate that I was working in the days of much less expesnive gold and could build a gold wardrobe.  The only way to buy gold jewelry of those old weights at those prices is secondhand -  and even then, it's rare.

Especially on hot, humid summer days, if I wear any jewelry besides earrings, it might well be a 16-inch necklace.  No idea what they cost today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree.  These 1-2 gram chains are ridiculous.  Yes, they're inexpensive but they won't last.  Q also sells very expensive chains but little to nothing in the mid-weight and mid-price.

I would love to see more 16, 18, 20 inch rope, snake, and spiga chains in the 4-5 gram weight, particularly in rose gold!

However, you can get great chains for less per gram at Sarraf dotcom.  I have purchased from them severl times and they provide excellent service and quality products.  

Esteemed Contributor

Check James Avery.  Lovey weights.

Honored Contributor

I'd like to see that too.  But somone would have to buy it as a gift for me because I'm surely not paying for gold at today's prices.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I agree.  These 1-2 gram chains are ridiculous.  Yes, they're inexpensive but they won't last.  Q also sells very expensive chains but little to nothing in the mid-weight and mid-price.

I would love to see more 16, 18, 20 inch rope, snake, and spiga chains in the 4-5 gram weight, particularly in rose gold!

However, you can get great chains for less per gram at Sarraf dotcom.  I have purchased from them severl times and they provide excellent service and quality products.  

@CalminHeart   I agree with you about Sarraf dot com.  I have purchased some nice pieces from them. 

Honored Contributor

14k was at $41.06 per gram yesterday.

I know there are design, manufacturers,  and sales mark-ups, however double is a bit steep.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras