New Contributor

I am a Temptations fan, Lock and Lock and.... But everything seems to be made in China. I want to support American made as much as possible. I would love to see these popular companies consider bringing the jobs to America, instead of employing China workers who are also underpaid and work in poor condiitions. Would be willing to pay more for the items too.

Would QVC give some thought to having shows such as "In the Kitchen with David" have special editions where they only feature american made, or is there so few products they couldn't even fill an hour spot? 

Honored Contributor

There are plenty of local potters everywhere, the stuff is beautiful and although it's pricey, it's so worth it. The companies QVC deal with no doubt have share holders who are as greedy as they are, so don't hold your breath.

Trusted Contributor

Fiestaware is made in Newell, West Virginia.  They manufacture dishes as well as bakeware.

Respected Contributor

My 2 cents: They can’t offer 36 pieces for $39.99 if it’s made in the US. They are moving mass quantities at low prices to make a big profit within a 20-minute segment so they can cover the $$$$ needed to broadcast on TV. 

Honored Contributor

QVC did something similar years ago, it must not have been successful.

Posters here have made similar suggestions over & over, falls on deaf ears.

I remember being introduced to Blenko glass during the 50 in 50.

I still buy their items.

Either QVC can't make it lucrative or the vendors can't provide the quanity, shipping, etc to make it worth while.    It's too bad.

Honored Contributor

I’m all for that and don’t mind paying extra to keep jobs here. 

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone who feels this way drives an American car.........(I do)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Hate to ask it but are you sure your American car was made in the US?  My Honda was built in the US unlike other so called American car companies.  A couple years ago it was determined that the most American car was actually a Toyota!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have heard that BMW has their largest plant here in the USA.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Hate to ask it but are you sure your American car was made in the US?  My Honda was built in the US unlike other so called American car companies.  A couple years ago it was determined that the most American car was actually a Toyota!!

@mimomof4   I am POSITIVE (and it's marked on the doorframe).   I drive an iconic American sportscar.    (I do realize that "parts" do come from various other countries, tho.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥