New Contributor

Taste of Home slow cooker Recipes F11937

David, I bought the Taste of Home slow cooker Books, i made the spaghetti and meat balls, It called for 46oz of tomato juice, 15 oz of tomato sauce it was real good but soupy, the liquid doesn't thicken , do you have any sugestions on how to thicken it, It just doesn't cover the noodles very well. So all you have is meat balls over your noodles.

Honored Contributor

Re: Taste of Home slow cooker Recipes F11937

I wouldn't use it on spaghetti saiuce but I frequently use 1Tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in a small amount of water to thickern gravies or sauces in the crockpot. Stir it in about a half hour before you expect to eat.

To thicken my spaghetti sauce I generally add a small can of tomato paste at the very beginning - thickens the sauce and enhances the flavor.

Honored Contributor

Holy cow, that's a huge amount of liquid for something that's supposed to become a sauce.  Could it be a mistake?  I bet it takes more than 1tbsp. Of cornstarch to thicken it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

You may wish to post your question over in the Kitchen or Recipes forums to get more advice.

You will not be getting a response from David here as QVC hosts and vendors are not permitted to utilize these boards.  You could post on David's Facebook page, but I think you would be more successful getting advice on the boards I mentioned.

By the way, you could simply substitute crushed tomatoes for the tomato juice.  You should get a much thicker sauce with similar taste.  Perhaps a 28 oz. can and a 14.5 oz. can -- or three 14.5 oz. cans.