Frequent Contributor

Will you stop with the spandex in clothes. Most of the time it feels like rubber.

Super Contributor

@Fionna There are other options; some like the spandex.

Honored Contributor

It would only feel like rubber, if the content was too high.

I prefer clothes with a little spandex, so they have some give.  I don't want to feel constrained in my clothing.  (And before anyone suggests it:  I do buy my correct size.)

So please don't stop with the spandex!

Trusted Contributor

I TA, clothing with spandex is too hot in the summer.. I live in Florida, I won't buy T shirts with spandex.  Like wearing a wet suit when it's 100 degrees.

Honored Contributor

that's funny....I don't buy it unless it has spandex....so very comfortable

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

Will you stop with the spandex in clothes. Most of the time it feels like rubber.

Americans like spandex, for whatever reason.

Yesterday, a vendor referred to it as "latex," before realizing her mistake and correcting heself.

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

I TA, clothing with spandex is too hot in the summer.. I live in Florida, I won't buy T shirts with spandex.  Like wearing a wet suit when it's 100 degrees.

I agree....

I bought some D&C T shirts a couple years ago to wear to Disney World and they were miserable.  I was so uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind a little spandex in jeans, pants, and even shorts. But don't ask me to wear a top with spandex or polyester.  To me, it's like wearing a plastic bag because it doesn't breathe and holds in heat. Even in the winter, I'll go for nice cotton tops and blouses, particularly no-iron ones. 

Honored Contributor

That's like saying will you stop with conservative boxy clothing with high elastic  waists that many like or any of the other choices available.  It's  not like sapndex is the only clothing available!  If I don't like something I know there are many other options for me!

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the D&Co tees would still be nice with less spandex. I'll admit their tees do feel comfortable, drape nicely, wash well, hold color, but I don't put them on in the summer.