Esteemed Contributor

They do have lighter versions of Spandex for the summer months.  I would think they put less weighted Spandex in summer T's for comfort.  To me it helps the garment keep it's shape better.  I also own  summer weight Spandex shapers  I wear under certain sun dresses and clothing.  They are actually quite comfortable and do breathe.  You can find them on the Spanx website which also has free shipping, FYI.

Honored Contributor

@Fionna   I do not understand how not all spandex seems to be made the same. Many items contain only 5% spandex yet it truly does make the fabric/garment feel like rubber.

Seriously, how does this happen? Some brands here - or maybe just one in particular, typically makes clothes 95/5 (5% spandex) yet as I said, the entire garment feels like rubber.

Respected Contributor

I love the 95 cotton/5 spandex. Seems 100% cotton gets out of shape with many launderings; I don't need my clothes to grow on me. I've never felt the rubber feeling; I, too, live in the south and have never noticed it being hotter when it's only 5%.

Regular Contributor

Some of the tops you can bounce them off a wall....

Respected Contributor

@Catastrophe wrote:

Some of the tops you can bounce them off a wall....

@Catastrophe , now I'm wondering if those times I feel like I'm bouncing off the wall may actually be my clothes doing it Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Some clothing might do well with some, but reduced, spandex content of about 2%. Most of the knit tops with 4% and 5% spandex have a rubbery feel and show lumps and bumps.

Esteemed Contributor

The only time that I have worn clothing with a high % of spandex, was in shapewear, and that was when I was getting all dolled up for a very  special occasion.

Other than that, clothing with a low % of spandex, feels fine to me, and never once did it ever feel like "rubber".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

I cannot wear jeans with too much spandex DG 2 comes to minds..Every step I take they fall down !