Occasional Contributor

Help, how do I get my make up color right when ordering?

When they show make up, no matter what brand, it would be great if they said what the undertone is. Instead the seller just says who it's for. That isn't helping. Let me know if the make up is for fair and what undertone it is. For instance, if the fair is for more pink undertone, a neutral or a yellow. Then I just may get my color right. So disappointed that I have yet to get any makeup choice right. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Help, how do I get my make up color right when ordering?

I would go to Ulta or Sephora and find out what color is best for you and come back and order that color from the Q. The Q carries just about every line those store do.

Honored Contributor

@mamakins 

I totally agree with you and QVC tends to lean toward carrying the yellow undertone foundations.

Unfortunately I have pink undertones, so I have to buy from each brand's website, they all have many more colors/undertones that QVC does not offer.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you blackhole99...great advice...if I can find that product. I'll go there this weekend. Have a great day!
Occasional Contributor

@KingstonsMom also wonderful advice! Thanks. Have a great weekend.
Honored Contributor

@mamakins 

If you happen to be interested in any of the Tarte foundations, this is a chart of their foundation undertones:

'Honey' = peach undertone

'Beige' = pink undertone

'Sand' - yellow undertones

'Neutral' = pink & yellow undertones

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I would go to Ulta or Sephora and find out what color is best for you and come back and order that color from the Q. The Q carries just about every line those store do.

I don't agree about Ulta and Sephora or any other store.  I went to Ulta to find the correct color of Bare Minerals and the girl put a color on that was too light.  When she put it on my face I looked ok because she didn't clean off my entire face.  She blended it in with mine already on my face.  Then when I went home and used it, it was way too light and I looked like a ghost.  Since we have a Bare Minerals store at one of the malls here I went there for a better match and the girl was astonished.  It was the liquid makeup.  I'm not that fond of it so I went back to the powder type.

Respected Contributor

I can't buy Tarte from QVC because they don't carry my shade (pink undertones).  However, since IT added more shades to their line, I can now buy from them since I'm fair-light.  I was happy they added that new shade.  I kind of think QVC should carry all the shades for a particular foundation.  It can mislead people into thinking that's all they make when Sephora or the company's own website will have a gazillion more.  

Honored Contributor

I don't have a Sephora nearby and I am not crazy about Ulta.   I find the QVC shade charts not helpful at times.  I like it when they say the color the hosts and especially the models are wearing.  There are a couple of models that I use as a guide and pick the shade they are wearing.  Of course everything looks good on them--young and pretty.

Frequent Contributor

It is so frustrating. How helpful is it to learn that “light is for the Nicole Kidmans and medium is for medium”? Is there a reason QVC does not offer all the colors that the brand does?