Trusted Contributor

Re: The Masters! You Gotta Love It!

Gorgeous!  I watched it from beginning to end.  It is very relaxing to watch.  And it's a great sport.  

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

The golf course is spectacular. The first day the azaleas had a good number of blooms. I think the strong winds, cold temperatures, and an early bloom did a number on them as play progressed through the week.

The mental strength and physical endurance displayed by Tiger Woods these past four days was amazing. He explained that he is in constant pain 24/7. He had to take an ice bath every day at the conclusion of his play and another at the beginning of his next day of play. His gait was different. He had to adjust his swing to compensate for his damaged leg. He could not get in his old position to line up putts.. He used a golf club walking between holes somewhat like a cane. At the conclusion of today's round he was shown with his family. He could hardly walk.

Yes, @On It, I don't think we can begin to understand just how incredible this feat was for Tiger Woods. I would have bet it all that he would never play golf again after his accident...and I would have lost BIG TIME! Congrats to him on his determination, grit, and great golf game at The Masters.  

Honored Contributor

My Mother used to watch golf when she was alive.  I found it soooooo boring.  But now I pause when channel surfing just as a reminder ... I dislike loud sports so I find it very comforting and calming watching with the quietness and hearing the birds.  Ahhh memories.  Things I didn't appreciate then and now that I am years older they seem good to me

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@On It wrote:

The golf course is spectacular. The first day the azaleas had a good number of blooms. I think the strong winds, cold temperatures, and an early bloom did a number on them as play progressed through the week.

The mental strength and physical endurance displayed by Tiger Woods these past four days was amazing. He explained that he is in constant pain 24/7. He had to take an ice bath every day at the conclusion of his play and another at the beginning of his next day of play. His gait was different. He had to adjust his swing to compensate for his damaged leg. He could not get in his old position to line up putts.. He used a golf club walking between holes somewhat like a cane. At the conclusion of today's round he was shown with his family. He could hardly walk.

Yes, @On It, I don't think we can begin to understand just how incredible this feat was for Tiger Woods. I would have bet it all that he would never play golf again after his accident...and I would have lost BIG TIME! Congrats to him on his determination, grit, and great golf game at The Masters.  

The tournament was a major victory for Tiger although he didn't win a prize.  I think everyone recognized his achievement.

As he was hugging his family after his round, I was thinking he'd probably just like to sit down.  That was a strenuous hike at best.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Such an accomplishment for a young man who is attaining many goals at the start of his career.  I'm eager to see how he tops today.

Trusted Contributor

Don't miss a video on the Masters Tournament FB or Twitter pages titled "First-Person Drone Tour of Augusta National's Clubhouse."  It is one of the best videos I have ever seen.  Make sure your sound is on.  

Trusted Contributor

Augusta National is gorgeous especially this time of year. I noticed the songbirds never seemed to get tired of singing when the golfers were ready to take a shot....DH hated it...thought it was a distraction...😎

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

Don't miss a video on the Masters Tournament FB or Twitter pages titled "First-Person Drone Tour of Augusta National's Clubhouse."  It is one of the best videos I have ever seen.  Make sure your sound is on.  

@walkingal  Thanks for suggesting this video. I really enjoyed it!

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

My Mother used to watch golf when she was alive.  I found it soooooo boring.  But now I pause when channel surfing just as a reminder ... I dislike loud sports so I find it very comforting and calming watching with the quietness and hearing the birds.  Ahhh memories.  Things I didn't appreciate then and now that I am years older they seem good to me

Your post touched me so, @rms1954 . My 96-year-old Mom and late Dad were both good golfers.  I never went to one of their games, and never bothered to watch the sport on TV with them (what a snore, I thought).  Last week, I was with my Mom in Florida, and had the privilege of watching the Masters with her for the first (and possibly last) time.  Though she's terribly frail, her mind is as sharp as a tack, and she critiqued every drive, chip, and putt to me.  For the first time, I saw her in a whole new light and was completely absorbed by a sport that had always bored me to tears.  I will forever treasure the memories we just made, just as you do those of your own dear mother. Thanks for your post!

Honored Contributor

@vsm You're so sweet.  I could just hug you right now.

Little Girls Best Friends, girl , little , friend , friends , bff , best ,  hug , walk , cute , animated , gif , kids , child , children - PicMix