Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tennis Shoes Are Lightening Their Look

Glad you like the Clark's sneaker @sunshine45 Shoes are so hard to buy online.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL @cheriere I grew up wearing Keds. Every summer my mom bought me a new pair.  I alternated between buying a red pair or the blue.  

There are a lot more choices for sneakers out there now.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I have lots of running shoes and those have larger soles.  I have a long walk from the parking garage to the office so I wear whatever pair that matches my outfit that day in to the office and I have my heels in a bag to change into once I arrive.  If I'm just wanting to look cute on a weekend, I'll wear some of the slimmer styles since the running shoes are chunkier and not as attractive.

Do the same thing.  But I leave my heels in the office.  Since I live close by I usually walk to work.  I'm usually in tennis shoes each day.  It's a 2 mile hike each way to work.

Trusted Contributor

Hokas developed as trail running shoes, not fashion shoes. I have worn Hokas for nearly a decade and the Clifton model since they came out. These shoes appear heavy, but they are very light weight. Now Hokas a very popular among anyone who stands for long periods of time. I never wear my running shoes as fashion shoes, I prefer Converse All Starts, Addidas gum soles, and Vans as fashion sneakers.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson