Honored Contributor

Re: Tennis Shoes Are Lightening Their Look

Keds are too flat for me.  I just ordered a pair of "sneakers" from Macy's.  Easy Spirit similar to Hoka.  $55 and free shipping and if I don't like them, Macy's is a 15 minute walk from me. 

Honored Contributor

For walking the dog & around the house canvas bo-bos.

Out & about - Nike's, Reebok hightops (fall & winter), Converse black canvas (high & white low tops)

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  I've been looking at the Punters.  I tried the Romy, but they are too soft for me. I was hoping the Punter would feel more like the Easy Spirit mules/clogs. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a runner and have two pairs of the Hoka Rincon style.  While they look heavy, they are as light as can be.  I love them and they have helped to take pressure off one of my knees.  I have been running more on treadmill as opposed to the road as it's getting rough on my joints after 45 years of running.  I don't spend a lot of money on other stuff, but I will on my running shoes.

Love the skirt look with my Hokas.  On down days at work, I wear the Hokas with a denim skirt in summer.  But I've always worn a workout shoe with a skirt.  For a meeting, I will slip on my pumps.

I also just grabbed on a deep discount, a pair of pink Chuck Taylor High Tops. I like them with shorts in summer if I'm not doing a lot of walking...just errands.

Frequent Contributor

On Cloud are my favorites.
Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

Could we be headed toward the canvas Keds we wore in the 70's? It seems they followed the Weejun phase.IMG_0637.jpeg

@On It I hate trainers, athletic shoes, whatever those awful clunky things are.  I haven't had a pair on in close to 10 years.  

I still wear Keds (have since childhood) and other lighter canvas shoes, but none of those thick soled clunky tripping hazards on my feet!  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

The second shoe looks retro to me, not new.  I remember wearing a similar style in 1987.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear any type of sneakers or tie shoes.  I prefer shoes with an open back or sandals.

If it is bad weather, and I have to wear a boot or closed shoes, I can't wait to get them off.

I have a Haglund's Deformity.  I had surgery on my left foot and it helped a little bit, but not enough to get the right one done.

Mostly all shoes rub the back of my heels and sneaker type shoes burn the bottom of my feet. I also can't wear vegan leather, vinyl shoes.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner I prefer the look of the Keds type canvas shoes. I do not own a pair of the athletic type shoes. Tennis shoes are not comfortable on my feet. I think we have another thing in common in addition to our aversion to sweaters.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear Hokas or Brooks. Keds are to flat, Sketchers while really cute don't seem to have enough support.