Super Contributor
On 1/19/2014 stevieb said:

Hi maryebrown. The bag is this one...

No Image Found

And I got it in brown. I'm now contemplating it in ivy..

They just added more colors to the "as is". I just ordered the Palomino. I thought it was a good "Spring" color. I have ordered as is before. Several were great and several I had to send back for various flaws/issues. It is a gamble but if you get a good one, it is a good deal.

I just read where Maryebrown sent her Palomino back. Maybe I will get that one! LOL

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2014 maryebrown said:

I do Love the Ivy green, although mine is a true Vintage Ivy AWL crossbody Equestrian bag (with matching accessories). I'm a sucker for the quality and the softness of those vintage bags...

BTW, I DID purchase that TSV in Palomino --I was really hoping that my (vintage) zipalong wallet would match it -- but, no{#emotions_dlg.sad} Too dark -- Returned the TSV, in perfect shape w/ all of the accessories. It REALLY irks me when people have to buy an 'as is' w/ missing items!????

It's crazy how Dooney is "repeating" colors; I wish they wouldn't because it's confusing.

My next color is T Moro, since I don't have anything in that deepest brown.

Yea, not sure why they have to reuse names and but not for the same color. Makes no sense. Agree on the t'moro... Wanting to add something in that color too. I tend to like neutrals best anyway and have nothing in this color either.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

They also use the same color name in different collections, often in the same year, and the colors are different in the different leathers. Very confusing. QVC adds to the confusion sometimes by using a more generic name like red or brown or blue. These sometimes overlap with Dooney names for different shades of the same color family.

Honored Contributor
On 1/20/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

They also use the same color name in different collections, often in the same year, and the colors are different in the different leathers. Very confusing. QVC adds to the confusion sometimes by using a more generic name like red or brown or blue. These sometimes overlap with Dooney names for different shades of the same color family.

So true... What they call ivy in one bag isn't ivy in another, crimson too, and on and on... You'd think they could standardize the color names. Heaven only knows there are enough ways to describe color that they don't need to overlap!

Valued Contributor

I don't get why the colors aren't consistent within a name either.

I get the impression on QVC they're phasing out the 'T moro' name (perhaps some find it offensive or a confusing name) and replacing it with 'dark brown'.

Honored Contributor
On 1/20/2014 Pagan said:

I don't get why the colors aren't consistent within a name either.

I get the impression on QVC they're phasing out the 'T moro' name (perhaps some find it offensive or a confusing name) and replacing it with 'dark brown'.

I think they've always sort of resisted t'moro and I don't blame them. It says nothing. Dark brown is a better descriptor. T'moro is an actual color and it makes sense, but not many folks would know it refers to dark brown. I'm all for designers using color names that people actually know instead of some of the ridiculous esoteric names you then have to research in order to know what they mean!