Honored Contributor

different flavors of wacky cakes

I made a wacky cake--no dairy or eggs, --and  put in very ripe banans and a few spices. OMG--did it turn out good!! My Grams wacky cake for chocolate is my go to recipe,  but found a Pinterest  recipe for carrot cake, wacky style and used that one, only subbed the carrots for the bananas----I will make the carrot one too and  there is a lemon one too---great way to save your dairy and eggs as those things seem to be out the most at my grocery store------Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: different flavors of wacky cakes

@wagirl wrote:

I made a wacky cake--no dairy or eggs, --and  put in very ripe banans and a few spices. OMG--did it turn out good!! My Grams wacky cake for chocolate is my go to recipe,  but found a Pinterest  recipe for carrot cake, wacky style and used that one, only subbed the carrots for the bananas----I will make the carrot one too and  there is a lemon one too---great way to save your dairy and eggs as those things seem to be out the most at my grocery store------Woman Very Happy

i've never made a wacky cake....i would love to make your Gram's chocolate one.....especially now that i have so much time on my hands.....would you share her recipe?  it would be much appreciated....i'm 70 with medical issues....so i been cooped up for weeks....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl    Where can we find recipes for these cakes?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wagirl    Where can we find recipes for these cakes?

google wacky cakes.....

Respected Contributor

Here is the thread about the chocolate one.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Wacky-Cake/td-p/5630002

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties---thanks friend---this recipe it the same one my Gram made---the carrot cake recipe is from---- sweetlittlebluebird dot com------ from pinterest. I just subbed the same amount of bananas as the carrots and then added 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 c walnuts--didn't add raisins---not a fan

Respected Contributor

@wagirl 

I had never thought of different flavors of this cake!  I am glad you mentioned them.  I will be trying one soon!  Thanks!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward