Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35

Sadly, our Macy's is closing in a few days; they have practically nothing left and obviously I can't order to have delivered to the store.  I have never ordered anything from them; do they do home delivery?  I had thought about all clad but saw the Curtis Stone pans online and became intrigued with them.  Do your pans have lids?  Will check them out before I make a decision since they are kind of what I wanted to begin with.  I won't use them daily as I love my s/s.  But omelets would be easier in a non stick

I'm also glad your uncle is doing some better and is resolved to go to the assisted living home.  I remember what a relief it was when my DM finally decided to enter.  It kind of turned into a nightmare in the end but it did give me comfort that there was security, she was fed 3 times a day, and didn't need to leave unless she wanted to.  In the long run, I think she was happy she went, too.  I know she was happy not to have to mow the grass any more; she didn't like anyone else doing it for her as she didn't want strangers there and felt like she was imposing for family to do it.  We would have to sneak over and do it for her and that was even more imposing than just telling her when we would be over.  There was a nursing home affiliated with my DM's assisted living but I had dealt with them as a nurse representing the doctors office and I didn't have a good feeling for the nursing home.  When time came, I opted to place her in a different nursing home. 

Also glad your snow kind of fizzled out but haven't heard for Chili or Respect-have a feeling they weren't as lucky-just pray they are safe.   It was very sweet to read you were checking on your neighbors; hope they are as sweet to you.  Stay warm!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Good evening Kitchenettes!!! Wow, you all have been chatty - that's great!!!! I have a lot of catching up to do.

Well, I made it home safe, I'm glad I left when I did. We got a bunch of snow. Visibility is horrible - I'm glad I don't need to be anywhere. I hope tomorrow morning is better.

I have shoveled the walk, part of the driveway & deck 4 times so far, DD helped me. Our friend has been over twice in the last couple of hours to plow the large part of the driveway, it will need it again soon! I am VERY  thankful for him & who ever invented the snowplow LOL!!!

In between shoveling, I made baked chicken, homemade steak fries & asparagus. Delicious, DD loved it.

So, needless to say, I am pooped. This was MUCH easier 25 years ago LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper  I'm glad you made it home safe.

I am toying with the idea of hot chocolate right now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@VaBelle35

Sadly, our Macy's is closing in a few days; they have practically nothing left and obviously I can't order to have delivered to the store.  I have never ordered anything from them; do they do home delivery?  I had thought about all clad but saw the Curtis Stone pans online and became intrigued with them.  Do your pans have lids?  Will check them out before I make a decision since they are kind of what I wanted to begin with.  I won't use them daily as I love my s/s.  But omelets would be easier in a non stick

I'm also glad your uncle is doing some better and is resolved to go to the assisted living home.  I remember what a relief it was when my DM finally decided to enter.  It kind of turned into a nightmare in the end but it did give me comfort that there was security, she was fed 3 times a day, and didn't need to leave unless she wanted to.  In the long run, I think she was happy she went, too.  I know she was happy not to have to mow the grass any more; she didn't like anyone else doing it for her as she didn't want strangers there and felt like she was imposing for family to do it.  We would have to sneak over and do it for her and that was even more imposing than just telling her when we would be over.  There was a nursing home affiliated with my DM's assisted living but I had dealt with them as a nurse representing the doctors office and I didn't have a good feeling for the nursing home.  When time came, I opted to place her in a different nursing home. 

Also glad your snow kind of fizzled out but haven't heard for Chili or Respect-have a feeling they weren't as lucky-just pray they are safe.   It was very sweet to read you were checking on your neighbors; hope they are as sweet to you.  Stay warm!

@mustang66lady Yes, Macy's delivers.  I believe $50 is free S&H.  Their VIP sale now takes $15 off the sale price, so $45 total.  No lids, but I have All Clad lids that fit from my sauce pans (go figure!).  I have both glass lids and solid stainless steel lids that fit.  I bought these specifically for my eggs every day.  I use my stainless steel All Clad pans for everything else, but eggs are so much easier in non-stick (even with oil).  I don't use cooking spray anymore.

I hope my Uncle will like the new place.  He will have his own private room, much nicer than what he has now, and will have wifi and cable packages that he can pick.  He does not have wifi where he is now and so he is really bored.  My brother tried to get him hooked up to the internet, but the place is not wired.  It's very old.  So hopefully he can hang on for a couple of weeks before we move him.

I think he will also be able to go out more, which he has not been able to do at this place.  I hope that he embraces the activities and outtings that they have.  He does need social interaction as he has not been getting out of the house other than doctor appointments and grocery shopping.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper  Chili did today what I intended to do.  Unfortunately I worked all day from home.  I started very late (around 10 am) and then went down this rabbit hole for some reason, but it ended up being a good exercise and I got all these labor law posters organized, added the revision dates and was able to send it out to all of our sites (over 100) to check their poster sets.  It had been 2 years since I looked at it, so it was a good time to do a re-check.  But it took forever.

I got everything done that I took home with me.  It was better to keep going tonight while I was on a roll and wasn't having interruptions.  Plus the company remote network was very slow this afternoon because so many people were working from home today.  It was flying tonight as I was revising and uploading a ton of stuff.

Now I can relax tomorrow and just deal with new stuff Smiley Very Happy

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Martha.jpgIt's good to be Martha...

Martha Stewart‏ @MarthaStewart 10 hours ago

My new Polaris with plow did a pretty good plowing job this morning but now all roads have to be done again!!!!

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday to one and all . . . Smiley Happy

@ChiliPepper I am so glad that you made it home safe and sound my friend . . . Heart

Image result for happy wednesday

Honored Contributor

33250-happy-anniversary-1.1100w.tn.jpg

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY K-TEAM!  IT HAS BEEN FOUR WONDERFUL YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP AND SUPPORT!

Bless You @mustang66lady for starting this delicious SOUP thread 4 years ago today!!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe

I know, I know...but now Boss man is having a long winded meeting w/ our insurance agent! 

At least w/ the time change, it will be nice and light out when I start home.  Hoping they wrap it up soon.

Plow just PLOWED our mailbox over!  Zeesh!  Luckily, I have mechanics to handle those duties!  I don't care if we don't get out mail, but I DO care if I don't get my packages!  LOL

Hey wait a minute . . . that guy that is hobbling around on crutches is having an insurance meeting . . . today??? . . . oh goodness you folks are hardy in your neck of the woods . . . and I would still encourage you to leave early, us being the gentler sex and all . . . seriously, insurance chat today? . . . good grief!

Actually, @momtochloe

That meeting worked out in my favor!  Our ins. agent (who also is a neighbor of mine) cleaned ALL THE SNOW off my car yesty b4 he left!

Chivalry is still alive in WNY!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes!!

Happy, happy WINTRY Wednesday!

Ok, this is ridiculous, enough is enough with the snow!!!

I shoveled my f a n n y last night before bed & woke up to another 12 to 18 inches. This is crazy!

Thankfully, NYC didn't get hit as bad as expected because they do not have the equipment to handle it.

My road was not plowed recently but I was able to go fast & drive through it LOL!!! One of the benefits of backing into my driveway this time of year!

Ok, its official: I am old & sore LOL!!!