Respected Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

@SahmIamthis recipe sounds really good. I'm going to copy it.  A couple of quick questions: I've only ever bought frozen bags of hashbrowns - are the ones you buy refrigerated? And, where do you buy them? Do you buy a certain brand? Also, for the cream, do you buy heavy whipping cream? TIA.

@SahmIam

I also jave only seen frozen hash browns and would like to know what you use?

Honored Contributor

I am confused. What makes this an over night coffee cake?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose and @luvsbulldogs;

I had no idea there were non-frozen hasbrowns either, lol. I had to search for them and realized they were ALWAYS there but I had never seen them before. In MY Giant, they are located on the lower cooler level where lunch meats and cheeses are kept. Yes, they are kept cool but NOT frozen. They come in a few flavors as well as cubed with onions and peppers, sliced with seasoning, etc. ...quite a variety of potatoe offereings. They are NOT in the frozen section at all.

Respected Contributor

Non-frozen hashbowns: refrigerated section, one brand is Simply Potatoes.  My grocer puts these in the area near bacon and eggs.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 It is called overnight Coffee Cake as the recipe indicated you make up the cake and let it sit in the refrigerator over night, and then you can  just pop it in oven in the morning to save on prep time, just bake and have a slice of nice warm tasty coffee cake the next morning.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam

Thankyou!!!  I will be looking for them at the grocery store!!!

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose Oops. I use heavy (whipping) cream as you use so little of it so the richness provides the most flavor and texture to the mix. : )

Valued Contributor

Thank you @SahmIam!