Honored Contributor

Nordic Ware Bundt pan recipe hack

Many years ago, I purchased one of these specialty pans, which I love.   I need to use it for a Christmas party this month and I had a recipe hack where you could use a regular boxed Betty Crocker cake mix, but delete all (some?) of the oil and substitute some cream cheese and milk.   It makes the cake a bit more dense & it holds up better when you use this particular pan, with all it's nooks & crannies, etc.

Does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?   I've scoured my recipes at home & the website, haven't run across it.    Was hoping someone here might know before I search further.

It seems so simple, yet it escapes me.

Super Contributor

Re: Nordic Ware Bundt pan recipe hack

Try searching leaf.tv.com for "How to make a Bundt cake out of a cake mix."  The recipe uses sour cream vs. cream cheese, but it might work for you. 

Honored Contributor

I saw that but I need the cream cheese to make the batter dense.   I don't think the sour cream with do it.

Thanks so much anyway

@catwoman48

Honored Contributor

@software: Please check  bettycrocker.com. Found one recipe for bundt cake using cake mix, milk, cream cheese but used lemon flavoring. Had several other recipes. Not sure if this helps. SouthernBee  

Honored Contributor

Thank you

I've run myself crazy looking on the site because that's where I first found it.   I'll give it a rest & try again.

@SouthernBee wrote:

@software: Please check  bettycrocker.com. Found one recipe for bundt cake using cake mix, milk, cream cheese but used lemon flavoring. Had several other recipes. Not sure if this helps. SouthernBee  

Respected Contributor

heres the one from the betty crocker website with the lemon flavoring:

Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze

Prep Time10 MIN Total Time 2 HR 20 MIN Servings12

Ingredients

Cake

1box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
1cup milk
1package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
2tablespoons grated lemon peel (from 2 large lemons)
1/4cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
3eggs

Glaze

2cups powdered sugar
2tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)

Directions

Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray 10- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Pour into pan.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate, and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Place cake on serving plate.

In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar and lemon juice, a little at a time, using whisk until thick glaze forms. (You may not need all the juice.) Pour evenly over cake. Store cake loosely covered.

Honored Contributor

That's it!!!

On the box you are told to add oil.

In this recipe you omit the oil & replace with the milk & cream cheese!!!

Thank you so much!

@skuggles wrote:

heres the one from the betty crocker website with the lemon flavoring:

Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze

Prep Time10 MIN Total Time 2 HR 20 MIN Servings12

Ingredients

Cake

1box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
1cup milk
1package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
2tablespoons grated lemon peel (from 2 large lemons)
1/4cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
3eggs

Glaze

2cups powdered sugar
2tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)

Directions

Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray 10- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Pour into pan.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate, and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Place cake on serving plate.

In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar and lemon juice, a little at a time, using whisk until thick glaze forms. (You may not need all the juice.) Pour evenly over cake. Store cake loosely covered.