Trusted Contributor

We bought some beautiful shoulder lamp chops from Aldi yesterday.  It's been a long time since I made them as lamb is expensive and usually very fatty.  These look really nice. 
What is a good rub or seasoning for them and how should I cook them?  Thanks.

Regular Contributor

I marinate mine overnite with:

2 or 3  large cloves of garlic 

1 or 2 fresh squeezed lemon juice 

a little olive oil 

salt & pepper

fresh mint leaves

oregano  or rosemary

**Mix all of the above in  bowl & then pour over lamb chops in a covered  container

Next day I then broil in oven or out on the grill

Save marinate to baste while cooking

Serve with Mint Jelly

Valued Contributor

I would rub them down with some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Garam Masala and grill them (using my stovetop Grill Pan) Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@gaga 

Excellent recipe!

Only thing I would add is to try to find REAL mint jelly, instead of mint-flavored apple jelly, which is usually what's widely available.

It's a little more expensive, but lamb is SO worth it!!!

The trick is to buy it and have it BEFORE you find a deal on lamb, buy the lamb, and forget the mint jelly. I don't think Aldi carries any kind of mint jelly.

In a pinch when I've bought lamb and forgot the mint jelly, I crushed mint leaves from what was growing in my garden with some olive oil,and a TINY bit of sugar, and used it instead. Worked in a pinch!!!

Honored Contributor

marinate for sure......lemon/lime juice, olive oil, greek yogurt, salt, pepper, saffron (turmeric if you dont have a good saffron), garlic powder, onion powder.

montreal steak seasoning is a good rub also for lamb.

we like to serve them with basmati rice, some type of a green salad, and lightly glazed carrots.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

We marinate in lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil and Montreal seasoning and cook it in a cast iron pan in our Ooni. We get our lamb chops at Costco.

Honored Contributor

We have lamb chops often, about 2 to 3x times a month.

I paint them with garlic and herb infused olive oil, sprinkle on garlic salt then broil them.  They are always delicious.  

Lamb chops should not be overcooked and should be allowed to come to room temptature before you cook them.

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL 

Hey thanks for this tip that Aldi had these chops....I just returned from our Aldi and the chops were there, and look very good....I grabbed a few packages because where I live in ruralia I rarely see lamb that is not 15.00 a pound or more in our TOPS market!!!I"m sure it's good but that's a little too much for me!!!!

Cant' wait to try it....

And for once I have the mint jelly AND the fresh rosemary!!!!

Hope you enjoyed yours!!! I LOVE lamb!!!