Trusted Contributor

I'm cheating with my dinner rolls

[ Edited ]

I like to bake bread, mostly around the holidays.  My niece and nephew are hosting an early thanksgiving meal this weekend.  Year ago I made a copycat recipe of Texas Roadhouse rolls and they were pretty good.  So of course that is what my niece asked me to bring.  My shedule is pretty tight this week, and then I started to worry about the dough not rising, etc.  So my husband said, why don't we just go buy some, the restaurants is only a few minutes from here.  So that's what we're doing!  I'll make extra cinnamon butter - that's easy to do and really the best part of those rolls Smiley Happy

No one will know!  so shhhh Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm cheating with my dinner rolls

Zipper Mouth Pose Emoji Vector art illustration design. Emoticon expression graphic round. Avatar kawaii style.

Trusted Contributor

@meallen616 LOL,  thank you!

Respected Contributor

I can't tell you what you want to hear. But, store bought dinner rolls, of course, are nothing like beautiful homemade dinner rolls. I'd let them know, too busy to make vs. substituting them with store bought.

Honored Contributor

Good Move!

I did not know they sold the dinner rolls separately. 

Please repackage them so your niece and nephew think that you made them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No judgement here.  

When you get to your niece's, stick the rolls in a warm oven for a couple of minutes while everything else is getting put out on the table/buffet.  If you want to  gild the lily, brush the tops with a little melted butter upon removing them from the oven.  You can still serve the cinnamon butter along side them. 

Respected Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Zipper Mouth Pose Emoji Vector art illustration design. Emoticon expression graphic round. Avatar kawaii style.

I just laughed out loud. Too, too funny! Thank you @meallen616 

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Good Move!

I did not know they sold the dinner rolls separately. 

Please repackage them so your niece and nephew think that you made them.

Really? Why be decitful? Just tell the truth. What's the matter with the truth? Since when is lying a good way to live?

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick Hmmm, I did not know you could buy them from the restaurant.  Do they reheat OK?  

How about freezing them would that work?  

I am an hour from the nearest restaurant but I would purchase instead of making from scratch.   The one and only time I tried using yeast, it was a flop and a huge waste of ingredients, never tried again....fear of failure, I guess.

Honored Contributor

I would let them enjoy them and tell them after dinner someone else made them for you....😉(restaurant)....haha.