Honored Contributor

How Do You Use Artichoke Hearts?

I can't remember the dish, but I got hooked on artichoke hearts.  I've ordered them on our white pizzas we have....maybe every two months.  

I bought some on oil recently, warmed up a few in the skillet I did the salmon patties with and served them with pasta and pesto.  Very yummy!

How do you use them?

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Use Artichoke Hearts?

You can buy then in oil which can be used for salads and antipasto, and you can bu them canned which can be used as a veggie or side dish

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

i dont care for them, but my mom has an excellent appetizer recipe called "artichoke nibble" if anyone is interested. it is one she has made for decades and is always a hit.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45  I'm interested in your mom's recipe.  Love artichoke hearts and always looking for unique recipes.  

Honored Contributor

I like them marinated on pizza and in salads, but really don't eat them regularly.

Honored Contributor

I will use them in salads w/out the oil. A great combo - artichokes. tomatoes. red onion. avo. cucumber. and throw in a couple of kalamata olives.  Thin out some hummus with water and lemon juice for dressing and you have a  tasty treat.  I used to love them with veganaise but those days are in the long ago past.

You could as sub hearts of palm for the artichoke.

Esteemed Contributor

Artichoke Chicken has been a go to for 50 years.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy the jarred ones in oil also...

I put them in my salads. I also use them in pasta dishes, like with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes in a garlic and oil sauce.

And my aunt taught me a recipe she makes, super easy... basically toss everything in a baking dish and bake it: Boneless chicken breast, sliced black olives, canned mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers bake it together in the oven, it makes a very tasty casserole.

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut 

will be happy to post it tomorrow.

will have access to her recipe binder tomorrow. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't. I never developed a taste for them. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...