Respected Contributor

Is Natural Delights whole fresh Medjool dates.  They are in with the fruit in square plastic containers.  Zero pessticides, additives or added sugar!  They are about 4 times bigger than regular dates and taste like heaven.  Hope you find them and love them like I do.

Honored Contributor

I love Medjool dates.  I think these are the ones I buy at Costco.  They are my choice for a sweetener....use them in the blender to make my salad dressings, desserts, or morning turmeric/ginger drink.  The best sweet treat ever is to put a bit of almond butter in a Medjool....really satisfies that taste for sweet.l

Honored Contributor

I know you all hate this when I do it-1 date has 16 grams of sugar. 

Fruit generally has a lot of sugar.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  True, however there is fiber, vidimines, and they aid in elimination among other positives.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrdGreat suggestions!  Would you mind sharing which brand of almond butter you like?  Thanks for the info!

Esteemed Contributor

I always eat a medjool date for breakfast (along w/ other fresh fruit & nuts). I save it for last!

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@phoenixbrdGreat suggestions!  Would you mind sharing which brand of almond butter you like?  Thanks for the info!

I make my own with plain almonds mixed in the food processer til creamy, nothing but almonds and it's delicious! No additives, no preservatives, good on celery. 

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom Depends on what you are looking for.....creamy, crunchy, raw, no salt, organic.

A good place to start is Trader Joe's...they offer both creamy/crunchy and raw with no salt.  Whole foods 365 offers both creamy/crunchy.  If you are looking for more gourmet try Artisana or Maranatha.

If you have a high speed blender you can make your own!

You can't go wrong ....you can use your almond butter in dressings or protein drinks or tasty desserts or a spoonful in oatmeal with bananas.  Good eatin' and source of protein (of course, high in fat).

It's all good...depending on your preferences and dietary concerns. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Thank you both for the suggestions and I will try to make my own almond butter!  I'll let you know hw it goes Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Thank you both for the suggestions and I will try to make my own almond butter!  I'll let you know hw it goes Cat Very Happy

I have tried but mine was very dry and I couldn’t spread it.