Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have CC's Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe?

@Honeybit   Could you post the Chocolate Pie recipe?  I have been in search of a chocolate pie recipe for years that is like my mother's chocolate pie.  Have not been able to find one that tastes like hers yet...  TIA...

Trusted Contributor

@KatieB

Here's the recipe that was posted for me.  If it doesn't sound like what you're looking for, I'll post the one that my mother used.  (I don't have it filed on the computer so will hunt it out tomorrow.)

CobaltBlue   02/13/2013 at 5:39 PM

Here is the chocolate pie that Tiny2 posted a long time ago, it is "out of this world good"!

Foolproof Chocolate Pie

1 6 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate bits (think she meant chips)
2 Tablespoons cream
2 Tablespoons sugar
4 large eggs-separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 baked 10 inch pie shell

Topping:
1/2 pint whipping cream
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Melt chocolate, cream, sugar in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Set pan in cold water and keep stirring and scraping from sides of the pan until slightly cooled. Add egg yolks one at a time beating with a hand mixer after each addition. In a separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir vanilla and beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture. Pour into baked pie shell and chill 1 and 1/2 hours or longer before adding topping.

Whip together the 1/2 pint cream and powdered sugar and vanilla until thick. Spread over pie, garnish with grated chocolate.

Respected Contributor

@Honeybit  Thanks for posting the recipe.   I beleive my mother's recipe used cocoa...  

Honored Contributor

All I can say is OH BOY and thank you to @His Grace for asking for this recipe....and a BIG thank you to each of you who posted replies!

I need some serious comfort food (brrrrr) and copied both of the recipes.

Thanks to @Honeybit , I even have dessert!

Respected Contributor

For those of you making the Chocolate pie, I have found that it needs to chill longer to set to the firmness that I like. I generally make it early and chill all day or the day before.

Honored Contributor

@Honeybit Oh Yum!!! I love chocolate pie. The only good homemade chocolate pie I ate was one my friend made. It was a recipe from Good Housekeeping Cookbook. Thx for sharing.

LOL!!! I made one when I first got married & had no idea how to cook. I used boxed pudding mix & a pie shell. DH said taste good but something was not right. Finally figured it out. I was suppose to cook the pie shell first. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just mixed up the pudding with milk, poured in the shell & put in the fridge.