Super Contributor

CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS

pie dough

-knob of butter

-cinnamon sugar

Method

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the pie dough pretty thin. Schmear it with butter. Sprinkle it generously with cinnamon and sugar. Roll it up tightly into a cigar. Put a little water on your fingertip, and seal the edge of the dough-cigar by barely wetting the edge and pressing it down. Slice into 1/3-in thick cookies. (Used a serrated knife, and saw them). Place on a cookie sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes or until crispy and browned.

When I was young, back in the 50s, I had an aunt who would always make these with her leftover pie dough after making pies. I loved these so much and still think fondly of Aunt Margaret whenever I fix them. No need to make pies to have them. Just buy the pie dough sheets in the refrigerator case at the store and proceed with recipe.

Contributor

Re: Cinnamon Sugar Pinwheels

Sounds great i love pie dough. Thanks i will make them soon.
Honored Contributor

Sounds interesting. Do they keep well?

Super Contributor

Lol DiAnne, have no idea if they keep well as in this house they get eaten very quickly!!!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Vicki

Valued Contributor

these do sound delicious ! thanks for sharing , I love cinnamon stuff! These sound ssooooo good!

cathy from ma.

Trusted Contributor

Thx...I have a leftover double pie crust in the freezer from Thanksgiving..I think I'll make this..was wondering if I should make a pie with it but I think this sounds better...DW

Valued Contributor

Can you also add finely chopped walnuts (purchase in supermarket) and sprinkle along with the cinnamon and sugar?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Regular Contributor

We call these ""stickies.""
Esteemed Contributor

<<<<< is making food geek sounds!

Are these like the pinwheels that are sold at the market?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

My Mother would always bake the leftover pie dough scraps and coat in sugar, loved them!