Respected Contributor

Make ahead Breakfast Casserole Recipes?

Looking for some make ahead (night before) breakfast recipes. I will have lots of fresh ham to use and wondered if any Ladies could recommend a dish - there will be 8 of us here Christmas so looking for any make ahead helpmI can get. thank you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Make ahead Breakfast Casserole Recipes?

I make a low carb quiche every week and I reheat it. You could throw together a traditional quiche the night before.
Regular Contributor

The pioneer woman has an amazing recipe for overnight cinammon raisin bread French toast casserole...it is delicious!! I would post the link, but don't know how, lol...Google it and you will see it. My family went crazy over it, even the "picky" ones!
Honored Contributor

I make this one a lot. You can certainly replace the proscuitto with ham in this.

If you live near a Harris Teeter or a Wegmans, they both have a rosemary and olive oil bread loaf that works perfectly in this.

Fresh Mozzarella and Sun Dried Tomato Prosciutto Strata, Cooking Light 2004

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-mozzarella-sun-dried-tomato-prosciutto-strata

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

My aunt used to make this breakfast casserole and everyone always enjoyed it. It doesn't take long to prepare, and I'm not sure I would make it the night before because the bread would get soggy. If you had all the ingredients ready to put together the baking time is what takes the longest.

6 eggs, whipped

2 cups milk

1 tsp salt

Tobasco or hot sauce to taste (optional)

6 slices of bread

1 lb. fried sausage OR 8 to 10 slices of crumbled bacon OR shaved ham

1 can chopped green chiles

2 cups grated cheese (can use any cheese you prefer but I make it with a mix of cheddar and monterey jack)

Place bread slices in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix first 4 ingredients together and pour over bread. Add cooked meat, chiles and cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Honored Contributor

I make this five ingredient dish often. Open a tube of crescent rolls and press in bottom of greased 13x9 pan. Top with diced ham(or bacon, or cooked pork sausage). Sprinkle with 8 oz. of shredded cheese(whatever kind you like). Beat four eggs with 1/2 cup milk and pour on top. Bake at 350 for 22 minutes.

Super Contributor

On 11/28/2014 luvitall said: The pioneer woman has an amazing recipe for overnight cinammon raisin bread French toast casserole...it is delicious!! I would post the link, but don't know how, lol...Google it and you will see it. My family went crazy over it, even the "picky" ones!

I saw that recipe and it did sound delicious. I've never made it but I love French toast and cinnamon raisin bread so I need to give that a try. Thanks for the reminder.

Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 Jules5280 said:

My aunt used to make this breakfast casserole and everyone always enjoyed it. It doesn't take long to prepare, and I'm not sure I would make it the night before because the bread would get soggy. If you had all the ingredients ready to put together the baking time is what takes the longest.

6 eggs, whipped

2 cups milk

1 tsp salt

6 slices of bread

2 cups grated cheese (can use any cheese you prefer but I make it with a mix of cheddar and monterey jack)

Place bread slices in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix first 4 ingredients together and pour over bread. Add cooked meat, chiles and cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

I use a recipe similar to this but i use french bread croutons. You, can add chopped fresh spinach, canned mushrooms, diced green chilies or many other ingredients. This truely an amazing casserole. Oh, I use whole milk, and also half and half

Honored Contributor

Many people may poo poo Paula Deen's cooking.But some things are just so right on the money. I don't use many of her recipes, but her Praline French Toast casserole is a 5 star recipe. You cannot go wrong! I also use her strata (egg dish casserole) My family requests these recipes every year at Christmas brunch. I love it because you make it the night before (up to 36 hours ahhead of time). You pop it in the oven day of event, and it is an impressive dish. A hint when you pour egg/milk ingredients over bread. Use a solid type of french bread (like ciobatta ). I use a few more slices. I also por slowly over every speck of bread. Press bread slightly to absorb some liquid. The continue pouring slowly

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Paula+Deen%27s+Praline+French+Toast+Casserole&filters=ufn%3a%22Paula+D...

I add half a basket of blackberries or blue berries before I bake it. Something extra. I do not use the entire amount of praline topping either, as it is just too much sugar and butter on top. I let people dress the french toast casserole with syrup f they want. Most find it best just dusted with powder sugar. All you need to add is your teeth! LOL!

Super Contributor

On 11/28/2014 shoekitty said:
On 11/28/2014 Jules5280 said:

6 eggs, whipped

2 cups milk

1 tsp salt

6 slices of bread

I use a recipe similar to this but i use french bread croutons. You, can add chopped fresh spinach, canned mushrooms, diced green chilies or many other ingredients. This truely an amazing casserole. Oh, I use whole milk, and also half and half

Oh that sounds good too, I love spinach and mushrooms. That would go good with ham and shredded Swiss cheese. Definitely need to use at least 2% milk on this casserole but I like your idea of half and half. It really is one of those chameleon casseroles that you can change up to make your own.