Esteemed Contributor

Anyone have a favorite Tres Leches

cake recipe? I have one I have been using for years that I really do like but I am always on the lookout for something new and improved. Wondering if anyone has one that they absolutely love and get lots of compliments and/or recipe requests for. Thanks in advance!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have a favorite Tres Leches

The best tres leches cake that I ever had was at Cowgirls in Santa Fe, and that is the recipe that I would want but cannot find.  We have wonderful cakes in my area, but Cowgirls is fabulous.  If anyone has a copycat of that recipe (I have searched online), then that would be the one to have.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Contributor

Pinterest has an excellent selection of cake recipes

Esteemed Contributor

My brother lives in Albuquerque @SXMGirl and that is actually where my daughter was born too as I lived there for a little bit over a year. I LOVE Santa Fe so much and I have eaten Cowgirls. I really like it there but there are so many great restaurants in SF. I didn't get dessert when I was there. I am guessing I didn't even look for desserts because I almost always get the tres leches when it is on one. 

@SXMGirl wrote:

The best tres leches cake that I ever had was at Cowgirls in Santa Fe, and that is the recipe that I would want but cannot find.  We have wonderful cakes in my area, but Cowgirls is fabulous.  If anyone has a copycat of that recipe (I have searched online), then that would be the one to have.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Hi @Irshgrl31201! A friend of mine married a guy from Mexico. This is his mother's recipe:

Pastel de Tres Leches

4 c. Bisquick

1/2 c. sugar

8 eggs, separated

3 tsp. vanilla

Butter flavored PAM

1 - 14 oz. can condensed milk

2- 12 oz. cans evaporated milk

1-1/2 pt. heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift Bisquick and then sugar into Bisquick. Beat 8 egg whites. Add yolks and beat again. Add vanilla into egg mixture. Add sugar and Bisquick mix to eggs and beat. Spray Bundt pan with PAM. Pour mixture into pan. Cook for 45 min. Take out and flip cake out of pan then return to pan. Stab down into cake with a thin, small knife, covering the entire surface. Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy whipping cream together. Pour over entire cake slowly. Let milk soak in for 1-1/2 hours. Then flip cake onto a dish with edges up the side. Serve with fresh fruit or whipped cream. 

* I've never made it, but I've had it a few times. It's outstanding! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Hi @Irshgrl31201! A friend of mine married a guy from Mexico. This is his mother's recipe:

Pastel de Tres Leches

4 c. Bisquick

1/2 c. sugar

8 eggs, separated

3 tsp. vanilla

Butter flavored PAM

1 - 14 oz. can condensed milk

2- 12 oz. cans evaporated milk

1-1/2 pt. heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift Bisquick and then sugar into Bisquick. Beat 8 egg whites. Add yolks and beat again. Add vanilla into egg mixture. Add sugar and Bisquick mix to eggs and beat. Spray Bundt pan with PAM. Pour mixture into pan. Cook for 45 min. Take out and flip cake out of pan then return to pan. Stab down into cake with a thin, small knife, covering the entire surface. Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy whipping cream together. Pour over entire cake slowly. Let milk soak in for 1-1/2 hours. Then flip cake onto a dish with edges up the side. Serve with fresh fruit or whipped cream. 

* I've never made it, but I've had it a few times. It's outstanding! Smiley Happy

Thanks @beach-mom. I am going to try this tomorrow I think!

JFK