Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wonder Why QVC Isn't Into Sales?

@Sooner   I happened across Colleen Lopez on HSN and watched for a few minutes and was drawn in.  IMO she gave a master class in selling.  It was her fashions and she and 3 models of different sizes presented for 2 hours product after product.  They stayed on point, discussed why it worked on their size. Models comments added value.

No nonsense.  Blueprint for moving quickly and presenting lots of products with outstanding information.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe you were referring to "one time only."  With 3 channels to watch, and who wants to watch 24/7, it's difficult to catch these.

I remember once HSN had some kind of clearance program, and they were whipping through the items fast.  I liked that!  If I want it, I'll order, otherwise, let's move on!

Honestly, QVC seems to beat items to death before moving on.

Respected Contributor

QRe: Wonder Why QVC Isn't Into Sales?

Increasinly QVC is using Zulily as its "clearance" outlet.

Names like Isaac, LOGO, Graver and WWC have been showing up.

This use of Zulily is noted as a component of "Project Athens."

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Sooner   I happened across Colleen Lopez on HSN and watched for a few minutes and was drawn in.  IMO she gave a master class in selling.  It was her fashions and she and 3 models of different sizes presented for 2 hours product after product.  They stayed on point, discussed why it worked on their size. Models comments added value.

No nonsense.  Blueprint for moving quickly and presenting lots of products with outstanding information.

One of the many reasons I prefer HSN to QVC.

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Sooner I think they just sell pallets and pallets of these "BIG sale" items to vendors on Ebay. You can find thousands of items there, I buy a lot and 99% of the time I am very happy with my purchases. 

@cjm61 .  You buy QVC items from individual sellers on Ebay or you're buying the pallets?

Glad to hear either way you're mostly happy! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: QRe: Wonder Why QVC Isn't Into Sales?

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Increasinly QVC is using Zulily as its "clearance" outlet.

Names like Isaac, LOGO, Graver and WWC have been showing up.

This use of Zulily is noted as a component of "Project Athens."

Once again, thank you @Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes!!  I never checked Zulily before and it seems you are correct.  Lots of Susan Graver.  Will check the other brands too.

Honored Contributor

I think they have more sales now than they ever did.  Whether or not I'd consider them "big" sales is another story.  I think every so often they offer a sale item at a good discount, but generally not.

Back in QVC's prime, aside from the TSV and a very occasional OTO, they never had sales.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@cjm61 wrote:

@Sooner I think they just sell pallets and pallets of these "BIG sale" items to vendors on Ebay. You can find thousands of items there, I buy a lot and 99% of the time I am very happy with my purchases. 

yep

doesn't make sense when current on air items are available on EB for much much less

@jackthebear To me it would get more people to watch the presentations, create more interest, and give viewers a bonus.  Not everyone buys off of EB, not everyone wants to do that. 

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

That is why Colleen is my all time favorite host across all shopping channels. She is simply the best IMHO.

Trusted Contributor

@rockygems123 Haha, no, I don't buy the pallets. However, through the years I've bought enough I'm sure to fill one pallet.