QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Qurate First Quarter Results: Highlights

@bonnielu wrote:

I used to buy from the Q all the time.  Now not so much.  Higher prices and items I can get cheaper elsewhere with free shipping.  I do like Zulily because prices are low and shipping is free after the first purchase.

I don't watch QVC either.  Too much small talk.  I want information not new friends unless they all agree to join me square daincing.  LOL

@bonnielu   I would be happy to sqaure Dance with You.  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

IMO  They will not survive.  There is so much wrong with evrything they are doing.  THe new CEO is destroying the company in my opinion.  They are price gouging in a lot of cases.  Hosts that act like it is Romper Room.  I have been with them since day one and I see it nearing the end.   

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@CalminHeart   Is delisting something a company itself chooses?

In Q's case, the stock price fell to less than $1.00 and stayed that low for at least 30 days so it's automatically delisted. Definitely not a good sign for Q.

A company can choose to delist, such as when they go from from one stock market to another. There are several markets in the U.S. 

Honored Contributor

Are any of the Mgt people CEO, etc., ever watching the things we see?

there's Jane yammering on about her kids

Shawn with less than standard hygiene 

and more 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe. I would love to attend your “Can’tstandsya” party. I will wear Susan Graver so that all eyes will be on me and people will want to come up and talk to me and tell me how fabulous I look.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
I would love to attend your “Can’tstandsya” party. I will wear Susan Graver so that all eyes will be on me and people will want to come up and talk to me and tell me how fabulous I look.

-----

Don't forget to wear your high heals, do squats to show how flexible the fabic is.  Bring an extra shirt so you can constantly drop it on the floor to prove it doesn't wrinkle.  Finally, constantly blurt out...oooooohhhhh, awwwwweee, fabbbbbbuloussssss while you are twirling around and you'll do just fine the the party. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read the conference call transcript and the Chief Financial Officer was asked a question about the $50 million saved in 2023, $60 million in 2024, due to the recent 400 layoffs.

I got an ominous vibe when he indicated that such expense reduction success can be replicated in the near term future.

Respected Contributor

I must say I was bummed when Qurate purchased HSN. Not a good deal for them. Didn’t want HSN to be dragged down to the Q’s level. As others have stated HSN is better in every way compared to qvc. I spend so much more there than I ever have at qvc. Hopefully Qurate will sell off HSN and let them get back to their better status.
Once again with the May 5th release, it shows TPTB do not know what to do. Can’t feel sorry for a company that brings on their demise all by themselves.
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
@BalletBabe. I would love to attend your “Can’tstandsya” party. I will wear Susan Graver so that all eyes will be on me and people will want to come up and talk to me and tell me how fabulous I look.

@Puppy Lips   Don't forget your Bathing Suit.  I have a Jacuzzi!