Respected Contributor

•••Q SOCIAL TEAM: DID YOU CHANGE THE STANDARDS?•••

To the QVC SOCIAL TEAM:

Under "Welcome Get Started" you posted "Community Guidelines"
you write some things that appear to mean you CHANGED the existing
Standards For Participation and this is causing lots of threads and confusion.

Some posters say they're leaving because they say the Standards
have changed which is their choice and their right to do of course but
might be due to misunderstanding and confusion.

Have you CHANGED the Standards or are they the SAME as before?

Can you clarify for us?

TIA!☺️
👍

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Re: •••Q SOCIAL TEAM: DID YOU CHANGE THE STANDARDS?•••

[ Edited ]
Hi Susie! I said this somewhere else but for the life of me I don't know where. Stevieb was asking basically the same questions. In another life I navigated the regulatory world. I believe that the Standards (the link in the lower left hand corner of the main page) are the rules. They consist of the thou shalt nots. The Community Guidelines are telling us how the Q moderators will interpret the Standards and how the Standards will be implemented on the boards. Rules and regulations are often accompanyied by various guidelines and interpretations that serve to show how the rule will be implemented. That is how I see these two documents.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious how the "personal attack" standard will be enforced?

In the past one could make a comment about a fashion item ("ugly" "matronly" etc.), and certain posters would spin it so they've been personally attacked because they happen to like or own the garment. Then they would spin it so it was a personal attack against the designer. Will QVC consider those personal attacks, or accept them as criticisms of the fashion style?

Of course, some comments are clearly a personal jab. How many times will those posters be allowed to do that until they get banned? If they get banned, how many ways will that person be able to reincarnate under a new nic?
Honored Contributor

That's how I interpret it, shawnie. The rules are the rules as they have always existed. The guidelines are now informing posters directly and in detail how QVC will be viewing all posts. Since a great many posts have always violated the standards, I am taking QVC's new stance to mean they are now paying much closer attention, and are spelling out *in detail*, for those who require it, so no one can continue to say "how will we know how they will enforce the long-standing rules?"
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you look at the STANDARDS under QUICK LINKS and in your PROFILE under SETTINGS, they are the ones that QVC always had.  Yet in one of their posts the Community Team posted different rules. 

So as the OP said, which do we follow the STANDARDS or something written in a post? And what about all the feedback QVC requested and we provided in the form of QVC Surveys and Feedback which was gathered and evaluated by QVC's Social Team and supposedly implemented, one of which was that constructive criticism of QVC, hosts and vendors would be allowed, however, "nasty" comments would not be permitted. What about that? 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

"I'm curious how the "personal attack" standard will be enforced?"

I'm sure there are already and will continue to be posts and posters who will be testing that out.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Wildcat I think that it will be permissible to state that you like something and then for someone else to say that it does not suit them and even state how you would suggest that the designer change an item to better suit you. But when the response to the positive one, is how could anyone like this hahahahah or some such, juvenile response I think the moderators will delete the offending responses. You can offer a differing opinion without humiliating or attacking the other person. I can tell you why a particular item is not for me without attacking the person who likes the item. This is not rocket science. Be nice, state your view in a polite way and then walk away both of you. Much of the behavior that they are trying to moderate is just juvenile, and not how anyone should act.
Honored Contributor

I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I never read the original standards and didn't bother reading the new standards.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:
Hi Susie! I said this somewhere else but for the life of me I don't know where. Stevieb was asking basically the same questions. In another life I navigated the regulatory world. I believe that the Standards (the link in the lower left hand corner of the main page) are the rules. They consist of the thou shalt nots. The Community Guidelines are telling us how the Q moderators will interpret the Standards and how the Standards will be implemented on the boards. Rules and regulations are often accompanyied by various guidelines and interpretations that serve to show how the rule will be implemented. That is how I see these two documents.

Shawnie does a great job of explaining the purpose of the Community Guidelines. We are trying to make it more clear how the Standards will be inforced by our moderators.  We are also making sure to post why content is removed to further communicate what types of conversations will be permitted. The Community Standards have not changed.

I hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

Keyai THANKS!

Some posters had said due to the wording of the "Community Guidelines"
that we can't post any "Current events" or anything at all negative like
somehow this is all new and more strict so I appreciate the clarification.

I like that we can see why posts are removed as well, thanks again.

👍👍👍

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••