Esteemed Contributor

Re: On-air Caller During Today's Sun Joe Presentation...

My thoughts - just do away with the calls altogether!!  I can't imagine anyone buying something just because of what was said on a call.  Calls to the hosts are an automatic channel changer for me....

Valued Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  you handled the last poster very well in trying to keep your original post positive. There are those that can't handle positive and do their best to turn a thread bad..... Keep posting Caaareful Shopper, nice to meet you!

@Well said @happygolfcartrider.  I totally agree.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the presentation, but I think more callers need to (politely) call out inferior products when the are presented on air, with testimony of their experiences with product failures, short comings, or problems.

I catch my mom (who has no internet or computer) buying a Q product then telling me afterward. She claims the callers were gushing about how wonderful they were etc. Then I go to the reviews and tell her the real story. It might be better to hold the vendors and Q accountable right on air. Maybe the quality of many things would improve.

Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@Trinity11  This is so true however I think a lot of people that call in are lonely and just want some human interaction and for someone to listen. Granted on the air is not the place to do this but there are a lot of lonely people watching.

Yes, sadly you are probably right. So in some ways it does serve a good purpose.

Honored Contributor

For the most part, I enjoy the calls. I usually learn of ways to use a product I hadn't thought of.

Today, for example, a caller during the Lock and Lock presentation said something about using a L&L container to keep their cell phone and other electronics in when they are out on a boat. Evidently someone in her family had dropped their cell phone in the water, and now they make sure they put the electronics in the L&L, saying how well the product keeps a tight seal.

That's not a way I had thought to use the product. I think you can learn a lot from the call-ins.

I've been asked several times when I order if I want to talk with the host and vendor. I always say "no, not at this time," because I have never felt I could say anything that would help others, other than I like/love the product and am looking forward to getting it.