Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone is saying everyone should only wear their nails a certain way or not letting people have their own preference or choice live and let live etc etc.

The point I'm getting here is that on tv! which is what QVC is all about, the hosts can either have the show about their nails or attire and make it as outrageous as they want, but may limit who is going to watch them,

or they can have the presentation about the product they are paid to present and promote, and keep more viewers watching and interested.

Of course who knows, maybe they think the more out there the nails or anything else is, the more people will watch. But will they be watching the host and not paying attention to what she is saying? That happens to me.

I do get distracted and start having dialogs in my head about her nails. By the time the presentation is over, I haven't heard a word she's said. I get that others can be focused and not have anything distract them. But maybe a lot of people are like me too.

I do like to see all different kinds of styles with nails and designs in real life though.That is totally different so saying the hosts are allowed to have the nails they like-of course they are but should it be while presenting things if all people notice are the nails thru the whole presentation, especially up close jewelry.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

So many posts over something so trivial.  If you dont watch as many say then whats the problem?

Because they're talking about why they stopped watching. Seems obvious to me...

Contributor

As well as some of the sloppiness of attire on some host ....

Esteemed Contributor

Artificial nails can look very nice, if well maintained.   Long daggers aren't attractive imo.  What bothers me is when the under side of the nails are shown and they aren't clean!!!

Contributor

You are absolutely correct!  Also, TVs are much larger these days than in the past - seeing the underside of nails that appear dirty on a large screen TV is not the way to sell a product!  A real turn-off!

And, yes, I will change the channel and not watch!

Esteemed Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:
All I can say is I appreciate a more natural nail, just short and nicely polished that some hosts still have. I guess I'm not up on what is happening with fake nails now....but really can't watch a presentation when the nails walk in the room before anything else and scream nothing but ugly. There are several hosts now that look silly with these ugly nails. One half of the nail one way and the other half with sequins? Or long sharp pointy daggers. Who can do anything with those on?? Do people really think they look good? We see their hands more than them so please make it stop. Yes I change the channel....all the time.

@foodie105   Seriously???  If I want to see a program I sure would not let someone's nails stop me.  Long pointy is the new fad so you might as well get used to it.   

Respected Contributor

on the bay was absolutely correct!

Sometimes I cannot concentrate on anything but the silly props they wear...let the models demonstrate those large 'readers' .... how can hosts look "over" them to see at a distance, I don't understand unless the reader part is only at the bottom?

readers.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze 

I kinda like those glasses!

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@foodie105 wrote:
All I can say is I appreciate a more natural nail, just short and nicely polished that some hosts still have. I guess I'm not up on what is happening with fake nails now....but really can't watch a presentation when the nails walk in the room before anything else and scream nothing but ugly. There are several hosts now that look silly with these ugly nails. One half of the nail one way and the other half with sequins? Or long sharp pointy daggers. Who can do anything with those on?? Do people really think they look good? We see their hands more than them so please make it stop. Yes I change the channel....all the time.

@foodie105   Seriously???  If I want to see a program I sure would not let someone's nails stop me.  Long pointy is the new fad so you might as well get used to it.   

I have to agree with @BalletBabe .  If I really wanted to watch a program, I'm not going to let someone's nails stop me.  

Honored Contributor

The only time I've cringed about a host's nails was when one host came on with dry, cracked, scraggly cuticles, and what looked like a 3-week old manicure (polish was pushed up far from those cuticles). It was a jewelry show, so I did turn the channel.

Other than that one time, I could care less about the host's choice of nail design.  I see some that I prefer, and others where I think, " Wow, that's different!"  Then I continue on and watch the show if it's an item I'm interested in; their nails never come back into my mind.