Super Contributor

These women are professionals.  I find the super busy nails that are painted several colors with sparkles decals and very long to be distracting. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

So many posts over something so trivial.  If you dont watch as many say then whats the problem?

The problem is I/we want to watch!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

What @on the bay  said.

Honored Contributor

I don't care how others keep their nails, wear their hair, wear their makeup, what clothes/shoes they wear. It's a shopping channel so all I care about are product details and quality.

Contributor

Well said and so true.  I also wonder how hygenic these dragon nails can be.  There are a few hosts that have really nice manicures.  I think for some hosts their time in front of the TV monitor becomes "it's all about me" time instead of the product presentation.

Honored Contributor

Much as I like Colleen on HSN, yesterday she had very long, very red nails. It was a beautiful manicure, but that's all I could notice while watching her during a jewelry show.  She was presenting Herkimer diamonds.  I feel that shorter nails in a more neutral work best for jewelry shows.  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:
All I can say is I appreciate a more natural nail, just short and nicely polished that some hosts still have. I guess I'm not up on what is happening with fake nails now....but really can't watch a presentation when the nails walk in the room before anything else and scream nothing but ugly. There are several hosts now that look silly with these ugly nails. One half of the nail one way and the other half with sequins? Or long sharp pointy daggers. Who can do anything with those on?? Do people really think they look good? We see their hands more than them so please make it stop. Yes I change the channel....all the time.

@foodie105 

If that is what YOU like, then that is how YOU should wear your nails.

I don't dictate to others what hair or nail style THEY should like, nor what size or style of clothing they should weear.

Maybe they think WE look silly with our nails.

We see their nails more than them?  Seriously?????  Ridiculous statement.

Please make them stop?  Good grief.

If you let a host's manicure 'distract' you so badly, you weren't really interested in the item in the first place.

Valued Contributor
I just think they should be clean, and cuticles nice. Dirty nails,
Uh, no.
Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette I know I watched her show yeterday too!  I thought her nails were a bit bright, usually she does a pretty french manicure.  She is leaving this week for the Tucson Gem Event though, I figured that's why the red hot polish!  I do enjoy her shows very much.

Esteemed Contributor

Nails, hair and clothing are a personal choice and preference.  The female hosts are not "Stepford" hosts.  They are free to do as they please, just like all of us.