Honored Contributor

I need to correct my above post---this is "cotton" cashmere, not just cashmere, which maybe why I think it looks so bulky. I love cotton cashmere too, but not in this style. Maybe cashmere would hand better as it is a thinner fabric. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Goldstein clothing

[ Edited ]

@luvjazzercise wrote:

i've purchased several Lori Goldstein tops in the past but is it my imagination or do the prices for her clothes just keep going up and up?  They seem way too high now. I know everyone has their own style & taste but also so much of what I'm seeing for these prices are not very attractive.  Just my opinion & observation. 'Kinda disappointed in what I'm seeing for the past several months.  

@luvjazzercise As are the prices on many lines of QVC clothes.  Have you seen Mizrahi or Graver or Lisa Rinna clothes prices lately?  Even Quacker Factory has been going up, although not in as great a percentage as the other lines mentioned.   LOGO prices have been going up but her line shouldn't be singled out, because that's a bit misleading.

Esteemed Contributor

I could not believe the price of the TSV.  

No way would I pay that, even if I liked it!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

It seems that many of the lines associated with a celeb endorser ( they have a complete QVC staff that actually designs these lines with very little imput from the celebs themselves) have all been steadily raising their prices.  Doesn't appear that the quality has changed as fabrics are still pretty much the same as well as same basic designs but prices keep escalating.

The LOGO line is becoming shorter and shorter, imo, and I call them "crotch hitters" because that is exactly where they hit on me - right above the crotch area which is not a flattering look with leggings which is what I prefer to wear them with.

I realize for many the shorter length make work out well but not for me.  I like both front and back to cover those areas fully.  I also don't care for asymetrical hemlines - never did love them but am now just sick of them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

I think some her things are kind of nice, however, the TSV is not. Seems like it makes all but the slimmest and tall, look short and kind of bunchy. Last night, Lori had it on and with all her studio hardwear and all the many layers she wears, it didn't look great. I'm sure the fabric is wonderful and the price for cashmere is great, but if I buy any cashmere, it needs to be a classic style. Never have been a fan of the shark bite style which this is. Can't figure out why anyone would want all that at their hip line.

@wagirl     It's a cotton/cashmere blend.  95% cotton / 5% cashmere.  It's a nice fabric .. I have some items I bought elsewhere, and one Logo piece from a year or so ago.

Not everyone has a problem with hips and thighs.  Some of us have no curves at all.  

Honored Contributor

@Wackers3 wrote:

It seems that many of the lines associated with a celeb endorser ( they have a complete QVC staff that actually designs these lines with very little imput from the celebs themselves) have all been steadily raising their prices.  Doesn't appear that the quality has changed as fabrics are still pretty much the same as well as same basic designs but prices keep escalating.

The LOGO line is becoming shorter and shorter, imo, and I call them "crotch hitters" because that is exactly where they hit on me - right above the crotch area which is not a flattering look with leggings which is what I prefer to wear them with.

I realize for many the shorter length make work out well but not for me.  I like both front and back to cover those areas fully.  I also don't care for asymetrical hemlines - never did love them but am now just sick of them.

@Wackers3  I'm thinking they are doing this shorter length for the same reason QVC clothing lines do mostly 3/4 inch sleeves.  They work for more people universally.   When they do shorter lengths, they eliminate doing petites.   That's another reason why QVC does so many crop pants.

QVC Customer Care
Valued Contributor

In my humble opinion, they are all overpriced now.  Especially when I went to Macy's last weekend and bought 4 tops, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren included and spent $135.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rpmpmb wrote:

so very tired of lori goldstien clothing .....does anyone in rural america wear her stuff?       its over the top in price,the styles are horrible, and i feel they have let top designer go to  give her to much air time..... bring back more designer shows like bob mackie, c wonder george simonton and linea . thank goodnss for susan gaver and isaac.i was looking so foward to today's fashion day....but everytime i put the "Q" on i see her on. guess it's time to start shopping elsewhere...does anyone else feel this way?

Believe me, I live on the East Coast near a large metropolitan area and I'm not seeing anyone wearing anything like this.  I've made comments about LOGO in the past that got me in trouble, so I'll just say that I still don't get the appeal of these clothes. 

Respected Contributor

I dont see this look either and Im near Philly.  Her prices are out of hand now.  They are thin tops.  They have a nice feel, but too thin. Too much $ for   the quality.