Respected Contributor
Just have to ask, is the way the gentleman is wearing his jacket the proper fit in today's fashion trend? Personally I am turned off by length, sleeve length.
Respected Contributor

Yes, the style is to wear a suit/sport jacket that looks one size too small.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't say it's a trend.  It's his personal style.  A tad short, but he looks good.

Respected Contributor

@twins mom wrote:
Just have to ask, is the way the gentleman is wearing his jacket the proper fit in today's fashion trend? Personally I am turned off by length, sleeve length.

ITA.  It's sloppy and I don't like it.

Respected Contributor

Re: H by Halston Host

[ Edited ]

He's a tall guy, think he mentioned 6'4"... If the smaller look is in vogue right now, it's not his. IMO, he's just too tall to carry that look.  Really, I'm not a fan of this look at all and probably wouldn't like it even if I was a younger.

Trusted Contributor

IMO the C Wonder host wears his jackets to small and his pants to short.  I have seen it on other TV shows so just figured it must be the new style for men.  Glad it is not that way in my world.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the new style is wearing clothes a few sizes too small. Another thread discussed Carolyn's jackets being too tight and now the men's pants are too short and jackets too small, as well. I just packed up 4 boxes for GoodWill of clothes that no longer fit. If this is now IN, maybe I can hurry and get my boxes back!

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

IMO the C Wonder host wears his jackets to small and his pants to short.  I have seen it on other TV shows so just figured it must be the new style for men.  Glad it is not that way in my world.

@Gram W     It's..........."Hollywood"......................(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Also Tennis shoes with suits.  The TV weather man on channel seven, wears very tight pants yet beautiful light color suits with white tennis shoes.  He,s handsome and well dressed, but the new look for men, the tennis shoes, throws it off for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: H by Halston Host

[ Edited ]

@Gram W wrote:

To me, it's such an unflattering style no matter how cute, young or slim a guy is.  I have to say, the C Wonder rep carries the shrunk style much better than the Halston rep does...but still a no in my book.  Who the heck would want the PeeWee Herman look?