Esteemed Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER DOING TV COMMERCIAL

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Posh Poodle wrote:

@JONNYSBRO  Jill spreads nothing but light and positivity wherever she goes, especially on her website. I miss her so much on QVC. The Q isn't the same without her expertise in the area of jewelry and home decor. She and Alberti should have even shared a show together!

@Posh Poodle   Just the mere thought of Jill sharing the stage with Alberti or anyone else with design skills seems impossible to me. 

I felt that Jill was never the warm or accommodating type.  Alberti has real design talent.  Jill has design talent as well (not my taste though).  But they have diametrically different tastes.  Their styles would do nothing but clash. 

@Caaareful Shopper   plus Jill does not like to share .  Putting her with Alberti would not be good .  Or with anyone . 

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I never really bought her explanation that she was leaving the Q to spend more time at home and to be available to go to her son's games.  It seems to me that the "family excuse" lends itself more to a young family, not one where one kid is in college (or had she already graduated?) and the other is almost there.

@faeriemoon   Exactly !

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@abbievol wrote:
Jill always knew her products when she was a host. However I found her condescending and elitist. Just my 2 cents. I was surprised when she left the Q but not disappointed.

Jill was articulate, educated and knowledgeable as a show host. She can't help that she was refined and not rough around the edges.🙄

@Trinity11   seems that after all the years presenting she could have become a little less  "rough around the edges". Guess she couldn't though because it isn't her ....she is just not a warm a fuzzy person imo.  She is cold . Again my opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Suziebee.. hi, I just saw your post. Yes, Jill was back w/ Scott brothers when they had their TSV mattress.🙄.
Super Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@Suziebee.. hi, I just saw your post. Yes, Jill was back w/ Scott brothers when they had their TSV mattress.🙄.

Too bad.  I thnk they did a great job the few times I saw them solo.

Honored Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

@KKlim wrote:

Too bad.  I thnk they did a great job the few times I saw them solo.

I suspect they don't need her but that she was paired with them in the hope that she would pull back in some of her former QVC fans and so enhance sales. Would never work with me. I don't particularly care for the Scotts so adding Jill to the mix makes them must miss TV.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Jill is gone,she was not one of my favorites.If she is selling cutters who cares.?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

A box cutter seems like an odd thing for Jill to sell.  Well, maybe not - everyone needs one.

She needs to continue making those payments and acquiring coastal decor for that Beach House of hers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

A box cutter seems like an odd thing for Jill to sell.  Well, maybe not - everyone needs one.

She needs to continue making those payments and acquiring coastal decor for that Beach House of hers.

@Reever  I see posters on the forums who have beach homes. Do you hold that against them also and not just Jill?

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Good for Jill!

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag