Esteemed Contributor

Re: I don't mean to complain BUT...

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Hobbypup1 @kaydee50 

Back in the 90's and early 2000's, I watched so many of my favorite shows with the professionals who presented so much great merchandise and gave all the information needed. I bought a lot back then and learned a lot, especially about jewelry and gems.

For several years now, I have not been watching, since the professionalism, information, value and variety have gone by the wayside. Very annoying presentations.

If I come across something online, I will look at the video and

occasionally make a purchase. Back in the day, I would receive several packages every week.

Well, this morning, I saw online a cute Denim & Co. jacket that was offered in petite sizes. When I went to the video, the

presenter ( I don't know she was) spent the first few minutes

talking about making Gumbo and how when she woke up the next morning, the house smelled like gumbo. Then she went on to talk about how her children only like chicken. What???

I just wanted information about the darn jacket. I forwarded the video to find the information, only to find that even though the jacket was cute, it was 30" long. Too long for a jacket for me to wear with a dress, since I'm less than 4'11". That information, I found on the website, size chart.

"If I could turn back time".

@Enufstuff  I do exactly what you do, except watching the videos. Many years ago I watched the long time Hosts. Many of these Hosts on the air now I do not know but reading all the stuff that's going on at QVC I refuse to subject myself to that nonsense.

I must say that the different Posts and Threads sure keep the Boards alive.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't get this. What were we doing when we ordered from catalogues? Maybe that's why it's so easy for me to order just from the Website.

Trusted Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am on a lunch break from a busy work day, and  I'm just looking at QVC forum for a few minutes to relax when I saw this non-stop rant.

All I can say is --please get a life and find something to do, so whatever the hosts say about their lives does not make you so jealous!

Nothing any host says ever bothers me-- I find it rather sweet and interesting.  I will also say that QVC is entertainment as well as shopping for many people.

And yes, I shop a lot, but I always look up all the information online for exact details--the hosts are really putting the icing on the cake by showing the item and talking about it.

Finally, I really like the QVC partnership with the Rockettes--that is one of my favorite holiday shows, and I would love to see it again in person! (Although I did not sign up for the dance lessons, sadly.)

Thanks for the laugh!!! I HIGHLY doubt that ANYONE who posts here is JEALOUS of ANY of the hosts. What is there to be jealous of? MOST people  don't care about the hosts' lives. I certainly don't.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

David Venable has a social media following of about 540,000+.

That's over 5% of the total QXH customer base and is extremely important and quite impressive. 

So obviously,  a large number of customers are interested in the hosts.

A few negative naysayers here means absolutely nothing in the scheme of Qurate host social media engagement. 

Esteemed Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am on a lunch break from a busy work day, and  I'm just looking at QVC forum for a few minutes to relax when I saw this non-stop rant.

All I can say is --please get a life and find something to do, so whatever the hosts say about their lives does not make you so jealous!

Nothing any host says ever bothers me-- I find it rather sweet and interesting.  I will also say that QVC is entertainment as well as shopping for many people.

And yes, I shop a lot, but I always look up all the information online for exact details--the hosts are really putting the icing on the cake by showing the item and talking about it.

Finally, I really like the QVC partnership with the Rockettes--that is one of my favorite holiday shows, and I would love to see it again in person! (Although I did not sign up for the dance lessons, sadly.)

Thanks for the laugh!!! I HIGHLY doubt that ANYONE who posts here is JEALOUS of ANY of the hosts. What is there to be jealous of? MOST people  don't care about the hosts' lives. I certainly don't.

-----------------

I had a big laugh too! 

I HAVE been....

*exasperated - when hosts don't offer clear details of products 

*bored - when hosts repeat the same stories and phrases

*irritated - when hosts' behavior is childish

*disinterested - when hosts share any personal information

But I have NEVER been...jealous of any hosts!

Occasional Contributor

I agree 100%, they should stop talking about their wonderful vacations that most of us can't afford and start describing the products in more detail.  Frankly, I don't watch QVC to hear about the host personal lives and get annoyed pretty quickly and off the tv goes. QVC is losing business because of this and may want to retrain their host to stick to selling instead of so much bragging.

Honored Contributor

I watched a host say she uses Josie's argon oil on HER BABY.    How would a person know if a baby has a NUT ALLERGY?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

If you don't mean to complain, don't.  Just tune out what you don't like.

Contributor

Agree ....So many times I have passed on on ordering something because the host isn't giving all the information I need to purchase the item.

Honored Contributor

I like to see how a certain size fits on the models.  I appreciate when the hosts mentions the size everyone is wearing.  However, a few weeks ago, Mary Beth never mentioned the sizes.