Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

i do not know where the oP shops, but mot companies do nOR allow changes or cancellations for extended periods of time -- even Amazon.

The solution is to make up one's mind before ordering, and if one has so much experience cancelling and changing orders with other companies, then perhaps she is making too many purchasing decisions without fully considering the purchase.

@KYToby  Amazon and the other companies I mentioned do allow for cancelling within a known time frame.

Honored Contributor

If you're not able to cancel an order you decide you don't want,  just write "return to sender"  on the UNOPENED package and return it to UPS or your postal carrier.  There will be no postage charge. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sorry, no sympathy from me.  I change my mind sometimes (though not with Q) but I know which retailers allow changes and which don't.  That's life.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@mousiegirl  I totally agree - we should have a full 24hrs to change, edit or CANCEL any item from the time we order it.  I've been saying this for a long time.

What online retailers allow changes for up to 24 hours?  

The longest time I know is Lands End who requires a call prior to 10pm Central Time the day the order is placed. I don't know any other retailer that gives even that long, let alone 24 hours.  If they allowed 24 hours, others would complain about the delay.  It really pays to know what's wanted when ordering.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if it also has something to do with if it ships from a Q warehouse or a vendor's. Some orders go straight to the vendor, and if I remember correctly changes are then harder to make.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I don't think the complaint is about processing being too quick.  I think this is an issue about the unpredictability of processing time, and the lack of a timetable with regards to making changes or cancellations.  If QVC said that we only have "x" amount of hours to make any changes or cancellations to our orders, at least we would know where we stand with the company.  

Exactly, and well said.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@mousiegirl  I totally agree - we should have a full 24hrs to change, edit or CANCEL any item from the time we order it.  I've been saying this for a long time.

Well, obviously someone listened to you because I have no problem changing orders within 24 hrs, which I think is fair.  In fact, QVC is among the best I order from as far as processing and shipping, but I rarely order anything from QVC that needs a rush delivery.. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Some people are fed up with one thing, some with another, and there's not a single company that pleases everyone every time.

The tone of the message was snarky and if that's the tone OP used with CS, she probably got a more respectful answer than she earned for herself. 

It's the old honey versus vinegar argument.

@millieshops  I was very nice to the rep, but she was nasty.  There are lousy reps you know, fortunately most are very nice.  After she yelled at me and had a nasty attitude, so unprofessional, of course I am ticked off!

*********millieshops I hope you got her name and reported her.

Respected Contributor

Remember the days when you had to mail in an order and wait 6-10 weeks or more to received it?  We sure have turned into a "I want it my way and I want it now and if it's not done my day I want you to fix it at your expense" kind of world. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Regular Contributor

I've had to change a size shortly after ordering and was surprised to find  that I was not able to do so: however, the customer service rep. politely advised that because I was unable to cancel or alter the order, I could return the item at no charge if it did not work. She made a note under my account. I would think the same would be true when trying to change a color selection. There can be quite a lot of  variability between reps. as far as helpfulness and courtesy. I've always made a point to be cheerful, patient, and polite but still one has no control over how the other person chooses to respond. One rep., Betty, is especially helpful and for some reason, I've been fortunate to get her several times when I've called. I would reccommend you call back if you do not receive the service that you felt you deserve.