Esteemed Contributor

My goodness, I soo dislike the one hour "infomercial" shows on one product on the weekends!!  I do not watch them............

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has become one very long infomercial. I think they hypnotize people into ordering.

Honored Contributor

ITA

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Yes, one hour on one product gets turned off in my house.

Honored Contributor

especially the "hair helmet" that's on now.......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I rarely watch QVC on the weekend anymore for this reason. I see an hour devoted to a mattress, vacuum, or electronic and I turn away, get busy with other things, and never return. I guess they pick up enough new viewers each day so they don't miss me.

If I look at my purchasing pattern, other than my original Kuerig, I have never bought anything from viewing one of these one-hour infomercials. One major reason is that these items are usually heavy and/or bulky and would be a hassle to repackage and cost a fortune to return along with the loss of the original postage. Even if I had to drive a distance to see and try the product, I would rather do that, be confident I would like my choice, and then decide who has the better price.

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Yes, one hour on one product gets turned off in my house.

Mine too, assuming they're turned on in the first place, which only happens by accident.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor
Agree. 1 hour is like an infomercial. Nothing needs more than 30 min.

The hair helmet today was awful. I mean I see people need it. But 60 min. I got it after 5 min so really by minute 30 the tv goes off. Same w cannon cameras and mattresses. Too much.
Respected Contributor

Me too. I rarely watch QVC on TV anymore. I'll check out qvc.com to see what they're offering. If I'm interested in something, I'll watch the video and check out the customer reviews.

Honored Contributor

I started a thread a while ago, wondering what the hosts are told during their hosts meetings.  I've always felt they are told they are "stars," "program celebrities," "show hosts," etc. I bring this up here because recently Shawn was in an hour show (a beauty product) and she was going on & on, like all hosts do, and she stopped herself and said, "UGH, sorry, for a minute I felt like I'm in an  infomercial and I'm hawking something."  That made me realize their sense of reality about what they do, about QVC itself, is vastly different from what I see. To me, QVC is a series of infomercials, some just much longer than others.