Honored Contributor

Yet another pointless mis-step made by QVC management.

And, at the end of the day, all these bad choices increase costs to shoppers.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't get it either.  The hosts have been presenting Diamonique for almost thirty years.  If the vendor rep could offer something the hosts couldn't I might see it.  They just seem to repeat what the other one says over and over. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybe the big D is getting stale.  They lost Lisa Mason who was a tremendous spokesperson for the line and then Marybeth another very great spokesperson came and went or maybe they sold the line and this vendor is the new rep.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

No vendor is needed for Diamonique.  

Also, while we're on the subject, why are two hosts needed to sell products like Jayne and Pat?  Such a waste of money on QVC's part. 

If one can't sell by herself, then put her in another department at QVC. 

@Sunshine Kate- I think the two hosts in the AM is more about the style of the show or to create an intimate feeling like you are coming in to the living room and just "us girls" having a good time like the old days but it doesn't come off that way.  It did when it was Pat, Dan and Murphy

Respected Contributor
I have wondered about why it's necessary to have a Diamonique vendor as well. They have gone decades without one. The first time I saw her, I didn't realize who she was and thought she was a new host in training lol. The same goes for the gem guy Peyton. He is was on with Nancy the other day. Why do they need two certified gem experts to sell something? QVC is gettng out of hand with all the extra people in a presentation.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yet another pointless mis-step made by QVC management.

And, at the end of the day, all these bad choices increase costs to shoppers.

Exactly. One host is enough. The vendor is a distraction and not needed.

Regular Contributor

I think Diamonique has lost its way with all the crazy fads....weird color stones...black metal settings..and maybe they think that bringing in the vendor who must on some level have the power to yay or nay current trends...somehow gives credibilty to the line? If this gal who is the boss says its spot on...thrn maybe the Q hopes longtime viewrs will think so too. She's ok but at first I also thought she was a new host in training.

Regular Contributor

Is this why they have Erin Moseley???  I cannot for the life of me understand why she is needed at all.  The hosts have been presenting jewelry without her for 30 yrs.  Now, all of a sudden, they bring her in???  In my humble opinion, she brings absolutely NOTHING to the party.  I think most of the hosts who present jewelry are doing a fantastic job and all she is is annoying.  Am I the only person who feels this way?  Man Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Texussgal wrote:

Is this why they have Erin Moseley???  I cannot for the life of me understand why she is needed at all.  The hosts have been presenting jewelry without her for 30 yrs.  Now, all of a sudden, they bring her in???  In my humble opinion, she brings absolutely NOTHING to the party.  I think most of the hosts who present jewelry are doing a fantastic job and all she is is annoying.  Am I the only person who feels this way?  Man Frustrated

No, you're not the only one.  I agree with all you said.  It's kind of silly to add another on air person to a presentation that brings us nothing and tell us nothing that the hosts haven't been saying for years.  At the same time other people at QVC are losing their jobs.  That's sad. 

Honored Contributor

I feel that many of the vendors could be eliminated altogether. They just add to the hard-sell. Who needs two salespeople, when often one is more than enough, IMO. If the host is well-prepared, the vendor becomes superfluous.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~