Honored Contributor

Has anyone subscribed to this? Is it fun? Are the products OK?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I did subscribe about two years ago and was less than impressed with the products I received. Maybe it has changed, but I got small samples of products (those free give-away packets at the cosmetics counter) and items that went right to the trash.

You may want to try once or twice. I jumped in with both feet and ended up asking for a cancellation on my subscription. Best of luck!

Respected Contributor

Not Birch box, but I subscribe to Glossybox and Boxycharm and have been more than happy with the products I received from both of these. 

You can google the name and month and year and see what most boxes contained. They are not all the same because you fill out info on preferences, but many things are the same. 

Honored Contributor

Go to Youtube and look up birch box, and some other names of like companies to see what they contained in past months and some reviews.  Keep in mind, though, that some of these reviewers are paid for their items.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Has anyone subscribed to this? Is it fun? Are the products OK?

Birchbox is fun and the products are good, but all too often I got products I didn't really want or have use for. I use WEN aand am very fair and the sent me shampoo and foundations that were too dark for me. If you use shampoo and are light-medium instead of fair or very dark, you should have better luck. I don't think they're good on either end of the skin tone spectrum. But I did get some that I really liked and bought full-size versions of. Birchbox is one of the cheapest sample boxes, but there are now many sample boxes out there. You may want to head to YouTube for some unboxing videos or comparisons before you decide. I think Birchbox is a good starter box.

Trusted Contributor

I tried a birchbox a couple of times and did not find it was worth the money. You get to choose some preferences, but I really don't think they pay aony attenetion to them. I put that I prefer natual or organic products, but just about everything I got had parabens and other less than desirable ingredients. I figure it's better to take the $20-30 a month and put it towards a product I like and will use.

Contributor

I was given one year of Birchbox as a gift.( 2014)  The first two months were quite impressive but from month 3 to 12, I didn't even care if I opened the box of not.  Most items went in the trash and I am not one to throw cosmetics and free things away.

Keep looking and watch YouTubes to see which are best overall but I would pass on Birchbox.

Honored Contributor

I am on my third month of Ipsy.  So far, I have been pretty happy and what I haven't used I've passed on to my sister or friends.   They do send me an e-mail with what will be in my package and every month I get a new make-up bag that everything is in.

They also ask you to review what you got so that in the upcoming months they can customize the products more to your liking.  Ipsy is $10.00 a month.  I've never looked into the others. 

Occasional Contributor

I have been subscribing to Birch Box for over a year now and I really enjoy it. For me it is like getting a gift in the mail once a month. The things I do not have a use for, I pass on to my Daughter in law. She loves it too!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all your replies.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man