Honored Contributor

LTT1, Thanks so much for thanking everyone who is replying to you, so nice for a change to feel appreciated here !! So often we get chastised for voicing our opinions. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Best cash-back app?

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I use Mr. Rebates, Rakuten, Retailmenot, and Topcashback.  I use the one giving the biggest percentage.  They all handle how you get your money differently.  Mr. Rebates pays monthly if you have a certain amount, Rakuten automatically sends quarterly if you have a certain amount, Retailmenot you can get at any time after the money is available (I think--someone correct me if I'm wrong), and Topcashback pays at any time once the money is available, which is literally months for many retailers.  The advantage to Topcashback is that they often give the highest percentage and offer bonus rebates.  And I'm in no hurry to get my money, so I often use it.

I've had problems with the following retailers/cash back sites and choose another.  I don't use:

Topcashback with Vitacost.  I use Rakuten with Vitacost, because I can still use a code with it.

ebay with Retailmenot

HTH1

I use TCB with Vitacost and use codes and always get my credits, TCB is usually higher % back. 

It's been my experience that this only works if the codes are posted on TCB.  If I use a code outside of TCB, it has not worked for me.  However, with Rakuten, I can use codes posted outside of Rakuten, and they work.  My experience only.

Honored Contributor

Re: Best cash-back app?

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I use Mr. Rebates, Rakuten, Retailmenot, and Topcashback.  I use the one giving the biggest percentage.  They all handle how you get your money differently.  Mr. Rebates pays monthly if you have a certain amount, Rakuten automatically sends quarterly if you have a certain amount, Retailmenot you can get at any time after the money is available (I think--someone correct me if I'm wrong), and Topcashback pays at any time once the money is available, which is literally months for many retailers.  The advantage to Topcashback is that they often give the highest percentage and offer bonus rebates.  And I'm in no hurry to get my money, so I often use it.

I've had problems with the following retailers/cash back sites and choose another.  I don't use:

Topcashback with Vitacost.  I use Rakuten with Vitacost, because I can still use a code with it.

ebay with Retailmenot

HTH1

I use TCB with Vitacost and use codes and always get my credits, TCB is usually higher % back. 

It's been my experience that this only works if the codes are posted on TCB.  If I use a code outside of TCB, it has not worked for me.  However, with Rakuten, I can use codes posted outside of Rakuten, and they work.  My experience only.

Nope, I have even used special codes Vitacost has sent me good for only me, and TCB has always given me my credits. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

ebay with Retailmenot

HTH1

Nope, I have even used special codes Vitacost has sent me good for only me, and TCB has always given me my credits. 

Like I said, my experience only.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

I hear you! 👍🏻

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I have used Rakuten for years now and it says I have gotten back over $900 in the past five years, it started as Ebates.. I use it all the time, I just got another check this week for only about $23.00 but it didn't cost me a thing ..

Honored Contributor

I just got back $16 from Rakuten, they are very nice to deal with, but quite often their cash back rates are at the bottom of the barrel. It never pays off to use them exclusively. 

Super Contributor

TCB