Honored Contributor

A273338 Long Sleeved Sweater Knit Striped Top

A273338  - I love my apple blossom striped sweater!   I got it last year in mocha.  The fit in size medium is true, and the apple blossom is so cheery and youthful looking.  I'm in my mid-60s and will really enjoy wearing it, but I also think this color in this sweater is an excellent choice for a 20-something or even a teenager.  There is something just vibrant and fun about the color and the stripes.  I didn't think my mocha was "fun"  even though I've always loved it.  But the apple blossom really is.   Love it - a great purchase!

Honored Contributor

Re: A273338 Long Sleeved Sweater Knit Striped Top

Pearley....the striped top is adorable and I've thought about it in the mocha.  I'll bet that apple blossom puts some spring in your step...enjoy your new "fun" sweater!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. I have had that sweater in my cart so many times, but never ordered.  Thank you for reviewing the apple blossom and I'm glad you love it. I am torn between black and apple blossom, but I definitely want one.  Is it lightweight enough to wear through the Spring?  

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  Good morning.  When I tried on the apple blossom, it was a bit heaveier than I'd remembered the cocoa from last year.  A lightweight sweater, yes, but although I think I can wear it all spring here in the midwest, I think it'll have a shorter life span in the south.  Although, it will be great in air conditioning.  It's a lighter-than-medium weight sweater, but not a summer weight one.

By the way, the length is perfect for my 5'3" so I'm not sure how it'll work for you.  I really do love the apple read for this sweater!  So cheerful!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Hypothetically, if you had sized up to a large (just for extra length) would it have been too big?  I know this is a crazy question, but I'm just wondering if I could get by with a larger size so that the length would be better on me.  I really like this sweater and I love that it doesn't need any layering.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@Pearlee  Hypothetically, if you had sized up to a large (just for extra length) would it have been too big?  I know this is a crazy question, but I'm just wondering if I could get by with a larger size so that the length would be better on me.  I really like this sweater and I love that it doesn't need any layering.

@Trudey Sizing up would be too big for me.   However, remember that I don't have the bust issue you have.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone who is taller have this sweater.  I still want it,but would like to hear from the taller ladies about the length.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. Even though I didn't get any comments from the taller ladies, I decided to go ahead and order the sweater in blue.  Hopefully it will be long enough and flattering.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey   I think it will work!   I'm surprised though - because I thought you were deciding between the black and the apple blossom!?  LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. LOL...I was, but in the end, went with blue.  It is hard for me to resist pretty blues.  If it fits well, I'll definitely get another color.  I love stripes when they are flattering and this sweater has been on my wish list for awhile.