Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Sorry, I know it’s disappointing- A good bakery is rare and pricey these days in suburbs or rural areas... (not talkin about grocery stores)! 

Gotta bake yourself, but the boxed brownies and cakes are pretty darn good, and not hard !! 

I saw some pies there this morning for like 17-20 bucks. I need to start my own bakery for all the stuff I give away.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE For a real chocolate fix get that chocolate cake that Zoe's makes if you have one nearby!  OH my goodness that is so good.  Save half and put some vanilla ice cream with it the next day.

Honored Contributor

sounds alright !

Trusted Contributor

Re: sheesh bakery goods

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I bought 2 small brownies today in a bakery cost almost 4 bucks

Came home and opened the sack and had to microwave the things they

were hard, dry and stale.

Treated myself since high winds are coming in and had to get things done early before I couldn't leave the house and even though it's not the weekend I was making an exception.

Thank God I can cook I'd beeen ashamed to charge 4 bucks for 2 tiny brownies that were dried out. Make my own from now on and for half price.

Smiley Frustrated

@SharkE 

Didn’t  you just buy a high end stand mixer?

Why didn’t you make your own brownies?

Don't pay $4 for stale brownie.  Plus way overpriced.

Honored Contributor

True ! no short cuts for me.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  I know you live in Texas & me in Az. had some winds yesterday but today was the worse so tomorrow get ready because it will be coming your way. Some branches were in a shopping parking lot but everything is in bloom & the winds is carrying the pollen. DH & I were doing errands & sneezing the whole day. 

Honored Contributor

We done had them today. Winding down by morning. Not as bad as the last time about a month ago. Only about 45 mph last time was 70 gusts.

My neighbor still don't have his fence back up from the last time.

If isn't one thing it's 14 I always say.

Trusted Contributor

Re: sheesh bakery goods

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@SharkE @My mom went to a weighloss group in the 79s called Hub City Tubs.They intimidated you into losing weight by weighing each person as they came in and announcing for everyone if you lost or gained.The unfortunate person who gained the most was granted the stuffed pig and must keep it until someone else won it.I don’t think people today would tolerate that stuff but I must say in all the years my mom belonged she only brought the pig home once...she feared that weigh in and therefore lost the weight.

@dex @SharkE Pansies today! They would probably say that’s some type of shaming. I used to be a very active person all of my life, running, hiking... When I got sick I couldn’t do that anymore, but I could still eatSmiley Happy I think right now the only way I could lose weight is the thought that someone might award me with a stuffed pig.🐖 

Honored Contributor

I lost mine by self .Knew what had to be done and got with it. Common sense tells you how you should be eating and what forms of exercise you should be doing. I could still lose 10 or so, but, comfortable at my age where I'm at. Not trying to be Kierstan or anything.

Cj3qv0Cnh3lU.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I lost mine by self .Knew what had to be done and got with it. Common sense tells you how you should be eating and what forms of exercise you should be doing. I could still lose 10 or so, but, comfortable at my age where I'm at. Not trying to be Kierstan or anything.

Cj3qv0Cnh3lU.jpg

@SharkE You look good! Congratulations on your weight loss😀  My exercise kept me slim and was the way I dealt with stress. I have since turned to food to deal with pain and stress. I’m going to have to change my ways and start walking, pain or not. I’m not ready to be six feet under yet. I’ve got plenty of living left to do.