Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Once again your thread just cracked me up, so funny.   I must be living under a rock because this is the first time I have seen this doll and Shawn's was even funnier.  I rarely watch his show and must have missed this hilarious story over the last years..........Chucky doll, really??  can't stop laughing Smiley LOL   

Valued Contributor

David items sell pretty well. Let's see....travel mugs, cutting coards, spoon rests, cookbooks, calendars. What's next. 

Valued Contributor

Next will be the little JT Disney ballerina and daughters available on 5 easy pays and free shipping to all new customers....

Respected Contributor

Re: "Little David"

[ Edited ]

I have a different take....Why NOT?

These hosts have been selling stuff for years, some for decades, they see WHAT sells,and say "I can do that too!!!..People will but ANYTHING if it's marketted correctly!!!"

That's the American way!!! And thank goodness for that!!!

So when David sells cups, dolls, calendars, cookbooks, aprons etc with his likeness....when Shawn sees those ugly Sherpa purses like JIll Martin was selling the other night, and designs a coat that looks like the fever dream of a fired McKenzieChilds designer (checks)....

When JT collaborates and makes boots that look like they were made of scraps of leather on the leather shops floor...

When Alberti has his own line of pretzels from Landies..,,same stuff, glittery box....

Why not?

Most of these people have sold "The Creami" (or other gimmicks) at one time or another, or items like it and must've said to themselves....

"If people will pay hundreds for a gimmicky device that takes TWO DAYS to make a few bowls of ice cream, or believe it's easier to lug out and clean up a vacuum to vac up a 1/2 cup of spilled spaghetti ( instead of 10 seconds with a paper towel).. .

Of if people believe it's "goat milk and neighbors" in that soap ( where goat milk is usually the 15th or later ingredient on the label)....

Or that argon oil is something other than any other vegetable based oil..

If customers fall for a 400 dollar Margaritamaker the size of a 55 gallon drum to make a  single cocktail...

They'll LOVE my doll, coat, apron, cup, boot, pretzel, or whatever!!

More power to them..

They'll sell millions.

Just not to me!!!

Good for them. They make thier money the old fashioned way...they earn it!!!

Regular Contributor
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Kachina624 Once again your thread just cracked me up, so funny.   I must be living under a rock because this is the first time I have seen this doll and Shawn's was even funnier.  I rarely watch his show and must have missed this hilarious story over the last years..........Chucky doll, really??  can't stop laughing Smiley LOL   

@LindaSal    I obviously missed the many Little David shows too.  Had no idea he'd been around so long.  ITKWD bores me to death so I rarely watch it, although I do like David.  I bet if they did sell such a doll, it would be an instant sell-out.  Maybe it might be QVC's salvation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

Found this:

https://www.facebook.com/DavidVenableQVC/videos/hey-foodies-little-david-and-i-are-warming-up-our-ha...

@retiredatlast    And that's a full-glown supposedly mature, adult male!

Esteemed Contributor

I have been a fan of Cabbage Patch dolls since they first came to market. Santa made certain they were under the tree for my daughters during the "craze" ! During that time they were not cheap!

I've only had the pleasure of seeing Little David on-air a handful of times, but think he is absolutely adorable! Big David has long held my FAVOR as well.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: "Little David"

[ Edited ]

@Shelbella262 wrote:

weird on so many levels - as well as very embarrassing for all

@Shelbella262    I don't think anyone is embarrassed, least of all, David.  He seems to be utterly delighted with this thing.  Take a look at this.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidVenableQVC/videos/hey-foodies-little-david-and-i-are-warming-up-our-ha...

Esteemed Contributor

David Doll please...

12-12-2016 09:34 PM

Hi Q,

We have been begging for the little David Doll that David shows on his Facebook page occasionally. We all want one,  badly. Can you pass this on to the proper buyer?? Begging lol 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/David-Doll-please/td-p/3358986

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.