Esteemed Contributor

question about Temp-tations Woodland White

I recently purchased the cracker trays in this pattern and was disappointed that the color is a deep cream/bisque and not a bright white as it seemed on air and online.

If you collect Temp-tations Woodland White, did I just get a bad batch? Or is the color actually not a true white?

Thanks in advance...

Trusted Contributor

Re: question about Temp-tations Woodland White

@loriqvc wrote:

I recently purchased the cracker trays in this pattern and was disappointed that the color is a deep cream/bisque and not a bright white as it seemed on air and online.

If you collect Temp-tations Woodland White, did I just get a bad batch? Or is the color actually not a true white?

Thanks in advance...

@loriqvc   I have numerous items in the woodland white.... mugs...utensil holders...etc.  They are all a true white.  Glad I read your post.  I also looked at the cracker trays, but hadn't ordered yet.  I assumed they were also a true white.  I would not be happy with a cream/ bisque color.  

Honored Contributor

I have the wok bowls and stacked bowls and I also consider them true white. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your replies, @Mombo1 and @Laura14. It seems I may have just ended up with an off-color batch. That has definitely happened to me a couple of times over my many years buying Temp-tations; I once received a Floral Lace Eggplant bowl that had been painted/glazed in an odd color somewhere between a lavender and a grey (long before grey was an option in the line). I'm not sure how it passed quality control since it was nowhere near the expected deep purple.  Smiley Wink

I will try exchanging these trays and hope for the best! They are very nice overall.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc - I also have some pieces, including the small wok bowls. Mine are pure white. It sounds like they might have sent you the taupe color instead of white. Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom - Thanks for your response. I definitely received the "white" option; the set just happens to be closer to the color of vanilla ice cream than whipped cream  Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

I have other Woodland White pieces also, some of which are recetly acquired and some I've had for several years.  I too purchased the cracker trays, which look much like my other pieces.  All of my pieces are kind of off-white where the wood grain appears and whiter on the bottoms that are smooth.  Some of the pieces look a little darker than others, especially if the grain is deeper.

Esteemed Contributor

@mb141312 - Thank you for your detailed reply! I am going to try exchanging my trays and hope to get a brighter white set.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc  I received the set of three wooden bowls today in the woodland white and they are a true white, really pretty.  You must have received a bad set, sorry for that, hopefully you can return and the new trays will be white because like said they are really pretty.  I plan on ordering more items in the woodland white.  I just wanted you to know it should be a true white.  I hope you can get a replacement.

Esteemed Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl - Thank you for your reply. My fingers are crossed for a nice new truly white set!  Smiley Happy