Contributor

Thank you homedecor1

Honored Contributor

@mica1

youre welcomed I get the insider & I think you can pre-order now. Enjoy 

Super Contributor

I am considering buying the tsv but I have never owned le creuset, so could you use these on an outdoor gas grill. 

Respected Contributor

Sherbear, I have several Le Creuset pieces, and while, technically, you can use this enameled cast iron on an outdoor grill, you would probably get some or perhaps a lot of discoloration and smoke staining on the exterior enamel surface.  The manufacturer's brochure they send with each piece says their product is safe even on wood-fired grills, so they clearly expect their product can be cleaned up from such uses, but if I were you,  I'd buy a dark-colored pan so any staining wouldn't be terribly obvious.  There is a cleaning product Le Creuset sells to keep their enamel looking like new, but I don't have any, I've always had good luck with regular dishwashing liquid for normal cleaning, though I've never used it outdoors.  On my glass stovetop and in my electric oven, though, my Le Creuset is DA BOMB, I love the stuff, and would never go back to stainless or non-stick cookware, even though I admit it's not lightweight by any means.

Super Contributor

CamilleP thank you. I believe I will purchase but not use outdoors. 

Respected Contributor

Glad I could help you decide, Sherbear.  I  have a grill pan and a deeper fry pan, so I am debating buying the shallow griddle pan, myself.  My color is Caribbean.  Do you have a color picked out already?  Le Creuset has a huge palette of gorgeous colors, I think that's one of their selling points.  They hook us with an "oooh, pretty color!" response, and then we start "collecting".  It's hard not to go down that rabbit hole!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I love LC but I already have a grill pan.    I really don't use it, though.  I think it needs  a new home.  I have a hard anodized one by AllClad that I use from time to time.

I recently got another 1qt round LC pot.  Why?  Certainly not because I needed it, but I kind of wanted another 1qt for a while.   I love the red one I've had for years.

The new one is this color I hadn't seen, called 'Oyster'.    It might not be the most popular for many women, but it is right in my wheelhouse.    I got mine at Amazon, however, as I was able to save $15 over the QVC price ($10 for shipping that Q charges, plus $5 back on my Amazon card).    

It's so pretty.  If anybody likes the darker colors in the 'black' realm you might like the oyster color.  The color isn't solid, it graduates from a little lighter to darker.

Respected Contributor

@mica1

@mica1 wrote:

OK thanks.  I called QVC and was told they do not offer the insider any more.   The chat does help me a lot.

Try Customer Care on the forums.  They have helped people get the Insider Email;  there is a procedure they have described, or perhaps they will do it for you.  They do not send new subscriptions via USPS anymore.

Valued Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Sherbear, I have several Le Creuset pieces, and while, technically, you can use this enameled cast iron on an outdoor grill, you would probably get some or perhaps a lot of discoloration and smoke staining on the exterior enamel surface.  The manufacturer's brochure they send with each piece says their product is safe even on wood-fired grills, so they clearly expect their product can be cleaned up from such uses, but if I were you,  I'd buy a dark-colored pan so any staining wouldn't be terribly obvious.  There is a cleaning product Le Creuset sells to keep their enamel looking like new, but I don't have any, I've always had good luck with regular dishwashing liquid for normal cleaning, though I've never used it outdoors.  On my glass stovetop and in my electric oven, though, my Le Creuset is DA BOMB, I love the stuff, and would never go back to stainless or non-stick cookware, even though I admit it's not lightweight by any means.

I got one of those big oval LC skillets that they sell at QVC for $199, at a Goodwill for $10 over a year ago that looked like it had been in a fire when I acquired it. The skillet was in bad shape but after spending a lot of time working on it, the cooking surface cleaned up really well and nothing sticks to it. There are still some stains on the flame colored outer area that I haven't managed to get out, but I can live with that. After reading this, someone probably left it in a outdoor grill longer than they meant to and didn't have the patience to clean it.  I have never tried the LC branded cleaning product either. 

Super Contributor

CamilleP I am getting a yellow and a green, don't remember official names lol. I never stick to one color I mix everything. Thanks again for your help.