Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

I had scrambled eggs with cheese today...twice! LOL. They were really good.  I may go on a binge.  I also had a container of Chobani Zero Sugar Yogurt.  

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon everyone. Hoover mom most of the food I make comes out of cookbooks. My wife makes a years worth of menus every year. She went thru almost 20 cookbooks.a good amount of the books are a taste of home cookbooks plus Pinterest and Google.we know what were making until the middle of next January. We actually cook on Monday and Tuesday for the weekdays and we eat lunch with my mil on the weekends and at night on weekends we order out on Saturday but enough for Sunday night to. Now that my wife works Lot of hours I do the cooking. Today is bright and sunny and  its 77 out.  Yestauday my mil made and her cooking none of it comes from a cookbook. She bought a rotisserie chicken and she made a salad, French fries,corn.and today she made pasta and meatballs, battered chicken, salad, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, cauliflower baked with , bread crumbs. Tomorrow I'm making chicken, stuffing, and broccoli, cheddar and broccoli and cheddar soup and it gets baked in one cassarole. Have a great week every one.

Respected Contributor

Today we were invited to a fish fry. Our friends live way out on the county & have a small farm. I made fudgy brownies with walnut topping. Also brought a huge potato salad. Best of all, brought no leftovers home! The temp was 82° but since they live so far to the west & we live along the lake we came home to temp of 57°. Love this time of year.

@Pooky1, there is so much to be said for planning ahead for meals. You & Ria will have some good meals coming up!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cloudy warm day here with possibility for thunderstorms.

Tonight we're having frozen battered fish filets, baked potatoes and homemade cream of spinach soup.

@Pooky1 

Wow! I am truly impressed! I plan my menus a week at a time, and even then I am often switching things around due to last minute guests, leftovers, or other plans.  

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I have not spent too much time cooking for dh and myself since Friday. The newest member of our family arrived early Saturday morning. Katherine Rose arrived at 4 am...8 pounds 6 ounces of cuteness. Not much hair...lol. Eyes are green like her daddy's eyes. Mommy and baby girl both doing well and came home yesterday afternoon. 

We helped out with watching our grandkids while their mom and dad were at hospital. Also had a birthday party on Saturday to help with. Both my dh and I were happy to help, but also happy to come home to a quite house. ☺️ 

I am like @house_cat with menu plans...one week at a time and then still may have to switch things as stuff happens. We are having breakfast for dinner because I didn't get a chance to get my shopping done. Mondays are a horrible day to shop here, as stores are wiped out from weekend, so I will go shopping tomorrow. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357  Congratulations, Nana!  Mom and Dad chose a beautiful name. 👶 🎀 

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you. 

She was named after her 2 grandmas. I admit to blubbering. I feel very blessed to have such a loving family. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Congratulations to you @kate2357 and your family on the beautiful new baby ❤️💐! Lots of fun & joy ahead!
Honored Contributor

Oven fried chicken, oven roasted potatoes and vegetables for us tonight.  

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Congratulations!  How wonderful!  I assume, since your name is Kate that she is named after you... what an honor that is! My BFF's name is Kathryn and I think no matter how you spell it, it's a beautiful name.💞

I'll never have a grandbaby named for me, because my name is Karen and thanks to social media, it now has negative connotations.

In any case, this post is off topic but I'm happy for you and the family.  Is this grand #6?

~ house cat ~