Respected Contributor

Whats cooking thIs month of may?

[ Edited ]

Good evening everyone and it's almost may already. It's been raining all weekend and by morning there expecting like 2 more inches of rain. Yestauday my mil made broccoli calzone to use up leftover broccoli with dough I made last week and I gave her some.allso she made battered chicken, and minastrone soup and fava

beans with peas.last night we ordered food for last night and tonight. Today my mil made pasta, sauce and meatballs, chicken with artichokes, salad, roasted potatoes, grilled zucini and mushrooms, and more. Tonight we ate last nights leftovers and I made oatmeal banana cookies. Ria asked to make a double batch so she could take some to work tomorrow to give out some. I got 96 cookies. Have a great night 

and a wonderful month of May. And that big space was an accident and I don't know how to fix it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

I am cooking tonight which is really rare.  DH works from home so he usually makes dinner.  We are having chicken salad.  I pan fry chicken tenders to put atop romaine lettuce.  DH and DD add whatever they want on top and their choice of salad dressing.  I am having mandarin oranges, croutons and olive oil and pomegranate vinegar dressing. 

Honored Contributor

Happy May Foodies! 🌷 it still feels like April here, rainy and a bit chilly. 

Today, I'm warming up leftovers:

BBQ'd Baby Back Ribs

Green Beans

Broccoli Salad 

Chia Pudding w/Mixed Fresh Berries 

Honored Contributor

• salmon here tonight
  • homemade cream of broccoli soup
  • baked potatoes

Unseasonably cold and very, very windy!  I live in a new development with several houses nearby still being built. There are building materials blowing around, making it quite dangerous.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Need some warm, comfort food today with this cold wind & rain/snowy mix. I made a lasagna with sausage, cheeses, spinach & mushrooms. A tossed salad and garlic bread will keep us fueled up!

@ninjawife, I never knew of pomegranate vinegar. Your salads sound yummy & I'll have to try your dressing.

Happy May everyone. These posts sound delicious!

Honored Contributor

Breakfast foods for us tonight; boneless chops, eggs, hash browns and sourdough toast.   

Honored Contributor

So cold and windy; we even got measurable snow on May 1. I've looked up some recipes that I'll be making this month.

• Kielbasa and Sauerkraut (having it tonight)
  • Supreme Pizza Lasagna (with breadsticks)
  • 7-up Chicken (made on grill with potato salad as a side)
  • Tacos (and taco salad the next night)
  • Salmon, Baked Potato and Coleslaw

I plan to make Chocolate Espresso Cake. I'm a little concerned that the recipe calls for a package of chocolate pudding mix, but doesn't specify if it's the instant kind or the kind that is cooked. It gets put into the mix in dry form so I guess I'll buy instant pudding.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had a headache all day, probably the darn weather.  So, I'm not cooking.

DD offered to bring Mission BBQ for supper.  I didn't argue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry about your headache, @CrazyKittyLvr2.  They can really take hold sometimes. We don't go often, but I love Mission BBQ!  I just have to remember to bring our own sauce. LOL

Have you ever been there for lunch and what happens at noon?  I LOVE that! 🇺🇸 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

It is usually instant pudding.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."