Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

[ Edited ]

For those who have been following....

I finally got to see the NP this morning.  Good thing because I  couldn't open or close my mouth much at all, barely enough to get my toothbrush inside.  Things continued to worsen overnight.  I was in so much intense pain, I couldn't stand it. DH had to drive me to my appointment.  The NP said she hadn't seen an infection this bad in awhile.  I had a bug and lots of nasal junk a couple of weeks ago but have felt fine until this episode came out of nowhere.  Apparently said bug never fully went away, even though I felt ok, and then this happened.  Things settled in the ear and kept growing. She acknowledged all the issues and symptoms I've experienced the last few days and did not discount the dentist's call, since he had limited information.  She said to stay with the medrol dose pack he prescribed and she also put me on two medications, an oral antibiotic and some drops for the next ten days.  Too bad I'm allergic to penicillin or I would have gladly taken a shot in the office.  Anyway, thanks to all who have tagged me with their good wishes.  I'm finally on the right track and should start feeling like myself again in a few days 🌷

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. Jeanlouisefinch glad to here you got things going in the right direction to get better.that just sounded awful. You will be extremely happy when you feel better and can eat and enjoy it .good luck. After a mostly cloudy rainy week we finally are through it and its bright and sunny and the whole weekend and Alot of next week is going to be nice and in the 60s and 70s. This morning for breakfast I had leftover French fries from take out so I put fries in a frying pan with some butter cooked it for a few minutes and just dropped 2 eggs over fries and put a cover on it so eggs would cook but yolk would be runny and yolk run over crispy fries .lunch I finished leftover chicken dinner and for dinner leftover Swedish meatballs and noodles. End of the weeks all about using up leftovers. Have you great weekend everyone.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Good evening everyone. Jeanlouisefinch glad to here you got things going in the right direction to get better.that just sounded awful. You will be extremely happy when you feel better and can eat and enjoy it .good luck. After a mostly cloudy rainy week we finally are through it and its bright and sunny and the whole weekend and Alot of next week is going to be nice and in the 60s and 70s. This morning for breakfast I had leftover French fries from take out so I put fries in a frying pan with some butter cooked it for a few minutes and just dropped 2 eggs over fries and put a cover on it so eggs would cook but yolk would be runny and yolk run over crispy fries .lunch I finished leftover chicken dinner and for dinner leftover Swedish meatballs and noodles. End of the weeks all about using up leftovers. Have you great weekend everyone.

@Pooky1 :  I love reading this thread, seeing all of the creative ways you and others prepare/make/serve food.  I just don't have that talent at all.  If it is not written recipe, I am lost as far as improvising goes, just don't have that talent.    Give me a table to decorate or even a house, and I am your gal!!!

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 6.20.53 PM.png

Breakfast!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Tonight I made a carrot, ginger, orange soup that Blue Jean Chef posted on her facebook page a few days ago.  It turned out good and it was pretty easy!

Esteemed Contributor

Busy day with a baby on the way and a birthday party for my grandson to help with.

I am tired and so we just picked up a pizza on the way home. I will probably fall asleep in my recliner ... waiting for a text or a call to let us know when baby has arrived.

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Oh you poor thing...I hope the meds kick in soon so you aren't in so much pain.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I'm cooking a pot of yellow eye beans with ham and cornbread for us today.  Maybe wilted lettuce too.  

Respected Contributor

@RedTop :  Just a question.......what is yellow eye beans, kind of like black eye peas?  I have never had wilted lettuce either.  Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom 

Yellow eye beans are similar in size to a kidney bean, with a very distinct look; white bean with a mustard color center.  They are cooked the same way as pinto beans, with nice thick bean soup when done.  

Wilted lettuce is usually made with fresh garden leaf lettuce and green onions, with a hot dressing of bacon grease and vinegar,  salt and pepper to taste.  I will make it with iceberg lettuce and vidalia onion.  

Respected Contributor

I am in Washington Dc dogsitting for my DD.  DH and I are going to one of our favorite restaurants here Zatinya which is a Turkish, Greek and Labanese place by Jose Andres.