Honored Contributor

Re: What's cooking this July in your kitchen?

@SharkE wrote:

So hot here in Tx. all I want is watermelon. LOL

We go through at least one a week.  Nothing beats a cold, juicy watermellon in hot weather.

Respected Contributor

Sharke, we had watermelon tonight - what can I say?Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Nice, sunny day here in Indiana but a bit humid. We do not like the humidity. Not good for breathing.

No cooking yesterday. We had our Sunday chicken after church, then left overs for dinner.

This morning we had egg sandwiches and a fresh peach. AND of course, our beloved coffee.

Bought some fresh chicken breasts, will have them for dinner tonight. Not sure how I'll cook them.

Good to have everyone stop by. Please feel free to post anytime.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Muggy here today. Yuk!

Soushi we went to Cosmos for breakfast and I ordered a chicken skillet. When it came, there were four eggs on top. Getting my eyes examined on Friday

If you get a chance go see Mary Poppins at the Civic.  I thought it was a Broadway company but it was local talent. They did a marvelous job.  My four year old great granddaughter sent me a video this morning of her singing Just A Spoonfull of Sugar Makes the Medicine Go Down.  She is so much fun

After the play we went to Cork and Cleaver for dinner. I had forgotten how good their salad bar is.    It was pricey but I only throw a birthday party every twenty years.   Next one will just be mashed up veggies with soup

Respected Contributor

Morning All Same weather here as you are having Soushi, but the a/c is on so I'm good. Last nite made calves liver, onion & bacon,soo good, don't have it often as can't find it always but a local store had it on sale & cut to order, I like it a little thicker than usual. DS is coming in town today from Vegas, will be here for 1 week so I'm really happy, making a pot of spaghetti sauce today that will go for a lot of different meals he likes, not that he'll be here the whole time, has friends to connect with but hopefully the rest of the family can be available at the same time (it's really difficult making it work) we'll have a mini reunion. YAY! Got laundry going & the vacuum is out waiting for me, so best I get moving Take Care
Respected Contributor

Very muggy here today - temps not that bad - 90 degrees - but you take one step and then you sweat buckets. Do not like this stuff.

Fixed packaged food tonight. Spicy hot wings - came frozen, -  kernel corn, came frozen AND Fries, came frozen. What can I say? I do have moments - well more than moments - of insanity. I guess tomorrow I should fix a regular dinner again. Last night had watermelon - mercy me. Sure was good. Must be honest and admit I did NOT eat the spicy wings - never have liked them. Had nothing as a sub but I managed.

Hope all had a great day.

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Starting off with a whine. Let me say again how much I hate this "new" board. I have tried with out success to get the posts listed from new to old. Just can't make it happen. Tried to click above my name to have this work but all choices are dark except one that isn't even acceptable. There, I'm done with this topic.

We had chicken and noodles last night with sliced tomatoes and onions drizzled some balsamic vinegar over the veggies. It was good but made way too much. Need to call my daughter and give the noodles away.

Still very warm and humid. Had the house and patio power washed this morning. Man said he would come at 8:30. Was ringing the doorbell at 7:45! Guess he wanted to beat the heat.

Heading to Fort Wayne and Costco's this afternoon for Nelson to have his hearing tested. So tired of repeating everything several times and I do feel bad for him too. Seems the VA, which offered him one hearing aid over ten years ago, will no longer issue hearing aids. He guarded airplanes on air base during Vietnam war but they don't think this is service related.

Best to all.

Respected Contributor

Have boneless pork chops in the slow cooker - with a sweet onion of course. LOL. Also cooking in separate pot is a bunch of collards. Also plan to fix mashed taters and then later when it is cooler will eat.

Very very muggy - just got my notice from the electric company telling me to cut things off tomorrow from 2 until 6 p.m. I dread it but have been very lucky as this is only my second notice this summer. Trying to figure out how to handle it - last one I got worked out just great - everyone here had things to do so we spent perhaps at the most one hour here during that time. Tomorrow? have no clue but we do have to do that - save some $$$ and help the cause. Sigh.

Hope all stay cool.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."