Super Contributor

Re: What Vegetables Can You Just Not Stand To Eat?

On 10/22/2014 Poodlepet said: Clover, I typed in "endive" and my Kindle didn't recognize it. Even when I add new words to the dictionary, and I proof before posting, the Kindle will insert the word it thinks is correct.....one day, it's going to get me into hot water! Until then, you have me thinking about cultivating a new vegetable that everybody will love....this veggie will be thoughtful, and in your honor it will be named "Clover"s Pensive"Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy Poodlepet

SmileKissSmile

Honored Contributor

Not fond of kale, okra, spinach, or rhubarb. I'm allergic to mushrooms, and avoid them like the plague; even cream of mushroom soup is not allowed in this house.
Honored Contributor

The only veggie I literally cannot gag down is lima beans. I don't like either asparagus or brussel sprouts But can manage a few bites.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 jetts_mom said:

I can honestly say I've never met a vegetable that I didn't like. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'm right there with you unless they've been canned, that's a deal breaker...

Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 Rustys mom said:

There are too many to name, but I have to say that I cannot get past the smell of peas, just the smell of them makes me gag.

Me too if they've been canned - I love 'em fresh picked.

Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 house_cat said:

I will not eat CANNED vegetables. My mom served us canned vegetables pretty much every night when I was a kid and on top of that, she overcooked them. Yuck.

I suspect we had the same mother. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Frequent Contributor

Raw green pepper. The thought makes me want to toss my cookies!
Respected Contributor

I thought I hated brussels sprouts & lima beans because when I was a kid, my mom would cook the living daylights out of every vegetable she touched. She used the dried big lima beans in ham soup & I still don't think I care for those, they were so mealy! I do like the baby lima beans from the frozen food section, though & oven roasted fresh brussels sprouts.

I've never had okra, turnips or parsnips, because my mom never fixed them when i was a kid & as an adult, I've never tried to fix them myself.

I dislike cilantro, it tastes like soap to me!

Esteemed Contributor

Beets!

Esteemed Contributor

None! I love them all! Some more than others, of course, but there aren't any I really dislike.

Kiss