Super Contributor

Re: What Vegetables Can You Just Not Stand To Eat?

I try but I really do not like black-eyed peas, split peas or lentils. And the way that they feel to me is best described as 'wet army blanket'; it seems to be a texture thing.

Super Contributor

I don't eat raw tomatoes, but cooked ones are fine. Otherwise, I am a huge vegetable lover. Love veggies more than fruit.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 Poodlepet said: This is funny how many people don't like Brussels sprouts but there is a biological reason for it! You guys taste a particular compound that we, who like them, don't. That compound is found in other vegetables, so they taste bitter to you, right? Well, as it turns out, you guys are not picky eaters no matter what your moms said! As for me, I love vegetables-particularly Brussels Sprouts! The only vegetable I am not in love with is pensive....and I guess you could add cilantro: it tastes soapy to me. Poodlepet

What on earth is pensive?

Super Contributor

I forgot about turnips (especially rutabaga, especially when added to carrots).

Honored Contributor

beets

lima beans

eggplant

Occasional Contributor

Okra, rhubarb and eggplant. All you brussels sprouts haters....I'll take yours!Smile

Honored Contributor

Dried beans or peas except limas and kidney beans in chili. That's navy, northern, soup beans, white beans. Add the bean part of greasy cut short green beans. I can't stand the taste or consistency of starch.

Trusted Contributor

Lima beans.....YUCK!

and Kale...I have tried it, it's yucky!

Super Contributor

Beets - can't stand them in any way, shape or form. My mom loved them but never made me eat them. I'm also allergic to bell peppers so can't eat them. Anything else is fine, although I've never had okra or parsnips.

Respected Contributor

Clover, I typed in "endive" and my Kindle didn't recognize it. Even when I add new words to the dictionary, and I proof before posting, the Kindle will insert the word it thinks is correct.....one day, it's going to get me into hot water! Until then, you have me thinking about cultivating a new vegetable that everybody will love....this veggie will be thoughtful, and in your honor it will be named "Clover"s Pensive"Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy Poodlepet