Super Contributor

Re: What Rice is Your Favorite?

I love brown rice, especially jasmine brown rice.  Well actually I really like white rice,too.

Trusted Contributor

I have almost every flavor or Rice-A-Roni in my pantry.  I stock up when Publix has buy one get one free.  Easy side dish for us.  

Yellow rice is the Vigo brand.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, Vigo and Mahatma yellow rice mixesI  We like them both.  

We have a lot of rice lovers here don't we?  We didn't eat it so much when I was growing up but now it is a mainstay for us.  It goes under stir fry, in soup, with beans, and in dressing with chicken.

I love chicken and rice and there are so many different versions from around the world.  And Chicken Box from the Carolinas is good too!  And Jasmine and Basmati smell SO good!  

Thanks for all the responses!  It's fun to see how many people love rice and use it.. It's good with just salt and pepper!

Respected Contributor

Jasmine, basmati or Carolina in that order.

My mother used converted rice and it was always horrible IMO.  Same goes for those mixes and micro products.  They contain way too much salt for me.  It's easy enough to make my own rice and add flavor/seasonings.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jasmine has to be my fave altho I like basmati too--DD likes sushi rice ---I like all rice really. recently had a basmati rice with saffron in it --OMG---that was amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

Lundberg brown all the way for me.  Sometimes you can get the 25 pound bag.  Like a Christmas 💝 

A day without rice is not a good day.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to mention that I love Milk Street's Rice Spice blend!  I think that and their Poultry Spice are wonderful!  Milk Street is a Christopher Kimbell enterprise--he used to be on America's Test Kitchen.  I'm not a big fan of his but I LOVE these spices, and others he has

The rice spice has Ingredients: Coriander, fennel seed, dill, yeast extract, dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic, red jalapeño pepper, turmeric, red miso Allergens: Contains soy

The Poultry one has INGREDIENTS: SALT, FENNEL SEED, CUMIN, CORIANDER, GINGER, TURBINADO SUGAR, TURMERIC, AMCHOOR POWDER,...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I was a child, rice was just something under gravy.  I never was wild about it.

With pepper steak, and Thanksgiving, I use Ben's Long Grain white rice.

We like wild rice, Spanish Rice, which I often get from Knorr, and Saffron rice.  I love fried rice when we get Oriental takeout.

Honored Contributor

White rice and rice-a-roni are the only types of rice eaten in this house.  

We eat white rice as a hot cereal with butter and sugar, which I really like.  

However, I NEVER eat the white rice with the Chinese beef and broccoli meal.