Trusted Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Tea Bread???

[ Edited ]

This is the Real Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffin recipe that was shared in an interview in 2016, by John Pupek, one of the original Jordan Marsh bakers:

• 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups flour (unsifted, blend of bread and pastry)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups blueberries
  • 2 teaspoons sugar (for tops)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

On low speed, cream butter with sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until blended. Sift dry ingredients; add to eggs-and-butter mixture, alternating with milk. Mash 1/2 cup of berries and stir into mixture by hand. Add the rest of the berries whole and stir by hand. Grease muffin tins well with butter; grease the top surface of the pans as well. Pile mixture high in each muffin cup, and sprinkle the sugar over tops.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Respected Contributor

@luvzchiz  You are very welcome.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff 

Thank you so much!  That recipe looks sinful!!!  Yum!

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@ECBG 

Is there a recipe to go with that gorgeous bread you pictured in your post??

@RespectLife @ECBG , If a recipe exists for that fabulous looking bread, I'd love it.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   You are very welcome. I was given the recipe in the 70's, long before Jordan Marsh closed. I hope that you enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

I actually like scones with tea, but one of the best received loaves I've ever made to have with tea is a strawberry loaf served with strawberry butter. I like lemon curd with my scones.

I will definitely try the blueberry muffin recipes, and it's almost time for my "famous" pumpkin-raisin loaves!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We never called them tea breads, that sounds so la dee da.  I like banana, pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, zucchini.  I suppose if you make corn bread in a loaf, that's a quick bread.  I grew up on them and I made them in the Fall and Winter for my girls.  I made them for school bake sales and gave mini loaves at Christmas.  Warm or room temperature works for me and I never liked butter or any spread on any of them.  And now....you have me thinking about zucchini bread or muffins.  

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Cinnamon bread.

For those who want the tastev without the fuss, highly recommend  Krusteaz mixes. For about $3 they're pretty good.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although I love to bake and decorate cakes, I'm not a huge fan of frosting even when it's delicious—but sign me up for a slice of quick bread any day! We've had temperatures in the 100s for a full week and have another week of that nastiness to come, but very soon, I'm going to be baking all the autumn hits from pumpkin to apple to zucchini to cranberry to cinnamon. And I just might throw in a lemon loaf or some banana or blueberry bread for good measure.  Smiley Happy

Now I'm really sad I don't have any quick breads around...

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG- Please post the recipe for this delish looking bread.

TIA